Template issues after upgrade to 7.10

Your number 4) is opened today here: https://github.com/salesagility/SuiteCRM/issues/5404

I donā€™t see anything suspicious in your logā€¦

The 7.10.1 release includes changes to icons, so itā€™s normal to see different things there, although they should look good :slight_smile:

I wonder if these CSS bugs are bugs in CSS files, or other PHP bugs that are breaking the rendering of the pageā€¦ this is all still quite mysterious to me :frowning:

Is there any change I can do in the files so we can see which one is responsible?
I removed the Suite7 and SuiteR folders from the theme folder just for testing, with no luck.
since this is an upgrade from 7.7.8 it still had those folders.
Any other trick you can think of so it may lead us to something bigger?

Do you have any customizations in custom/themes ?

I notice that a lot has changed in the CSSā€¦ I just upgraded to 7.10.1 to test this, and I did have layout issues, but I was able to resolve them by clearing customizations (itā€™s just a test system, so no problem for me here) and rebuilding.

One thing you might try is to rebuild SASS.

In order to be able to compile this CSS, you need to install a SASS compiler. On Ubuntu this can be done from your SuiteCRM directory with:

composer require leafo/scssphp

You can then compile using the following command everytime you change any .scss file:

./vendor/bin/pscss -f compressed themes/SuiteP/css/Day/style.scss > themes/SuiteP/css/Day/style.css

That is for the ā€œDayā€ sub-theme, do it for whatever sub-theme youā€™re using.

The only customisation I had done was to add 3 links in the footer but those were in the SuiteR not in the SuiteP (yet).
I use the Day sub theme and hadnā€™t done any modification in any theme file.
It looks like the dropdown elements havenā€™t been upgraded during the 7.7.8->7.10 procedure.
Are these elements theme specific or should we look in some other folder?

I donā€™t know the answer, I donā€™t know where the dropdowns are coming from, or what was changed.

The SASS rebuild is worth a try. When things change the rebuild needs to be done. Normally this happens internally at SalesAgility while theyā€™re preparing the upgrade packages. But suppose something was left out, maybe thatā€™s whatā€™s causing all this grief.

I use Centos. I managed to install SASS and recreate the style.css file but guess what ā€¦ no luck!

Since I have done a lot of changes in the dev installation, I would say to start over. I will redo the upgrade procedure from 7.7.8 to 7.10.1 and let you know the results.

1 Like

Debian, MySQL, PHP7.0, SuiteCRM 7.9

I did a test upgrade from 7.9 to 7.10 and everything run fine.

Doing the upgrade from 7.9 to 7.10.1 thatā€™s when these issues come up on QR&Rā€¦

@mmendes You are missing that in my case the upgrade starts from 7.7.8 and continues version by version until 7.10.1. In addition my installation is heavily modified.
Also, as you said, everything runs fine during the upgrade. The issue appears after the upgrade finishes withour errors. Anyway, as I mentioned in my previous post, Iā€™ll start over.

@pgr
This is hilarious! The issue appears even if I just upgrade from 7.7.8 to 7.8.1!
I think this is a dead end and I have to follow the hard way of a new installation. Maybe this is a good chance to remove any garbages/residues left from my early days on SuiteCRM.

Yes, there is something definitely weird about your systemā€¦ I agree a fresh start could be a good idea.

Good luck!

I had a similar issue after upgrading from 7.9.7 to either 7.10 or 7.10.2 and put off the update because of this until now. The general formatting/DD and icon issues were solved with a Quick Repair and clearing the browser cache, and there is also a proposed fix for the Asterisk formatting on github here that worked for me:

https://github.com/salesagility/SuiteCRM/pull/5282

Cheers