Surveys - Customize HTML layout to match enterprise visual code

Hello everyone.

I’d like to ask some guidance on anyone who might have played around with the Surveys module. Specifically in editing the survey layout (HTML+CSS). Could anyone point me into the files which I need to edit for this?

Example survey page: https://crmaddress/index.php?entryPoint=survey&id=1fee1d21-8dcd-8b90-8f7a-5f933829dafe

Example Survey created with standard layout.

Thanks!

Hey,

I haven’t played around with the Survey modules much at all, but I’ve had a look

As far as I can tell, it looks to me like the Survey is being generated by the file at:
modules/Surveys/Entry/Survey.php

A lot of the Styling seems to be generated based on the content from around Line ~82 and below.

(More Specifically, the “displaySurvey” function at ~145
and the various “displayXXXX” functions below it, ie: "displayTextField")

One thing to note is that changes here might be non-upgrade safe, so upgrading the CRM may overwrite these files

Typically, this can be avoided by creating a file with the same Directory Structure/File name in the /custom/modules/ or /custom/extension/modules/ locations

Though, I haven’t tried it with Surveys before, so im not sure how/if it can be done

John, thanks so much for your quick research on this.
I’m not a developer myself, but I’ll fool around with my basic HTML and CSS to see if I can get it a little more presentable.

I’ll post my progress over here once I’m done with it.

Thanks again,
Oscar

1 Like

No worries!

Will be good to see what you can come up with! :slight_smile:

John, as promised, thanks to your help I was able to customize my Survey landing page even with very basic HTML/CSS skills. I have only you to thank for this. Below are the screenshots (with some editing to publish them here)

I did try to use the custom/modules/Survey/Entry folder, but that didn’t work out, so I had to replace the actual original files (not update safe). I will keep a backup of them so I can replace them once a new version of SuiteCRM comes up.

Thanks again!

Hey,

That’s great to hear!

It is unfortunate that the /custom/ folder didn’t work

But, i’m glad to hear it all worked out!

Thanks for the update, and let us know if anything else pops up! :slight_smile:

Exactly which files did you customize? There is more than one way of making upgrade-safe customizations, if one didn’t work I might know of a second one for you to try :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi pgr
I edited two files in the “Entry” folder:

Survey.php
Thanks.php

Both can be overriden in an upgrade-safe manner using the Extension Framework, specifically, the entrypoint extensions.

There are many examples of this online, for example this blog post seems helpful:

https://www.kelenyi.com/2019/12/18/create-a-custom-entry-point-in-suite-crm/

I can make the survey look different by using some special code (CSS). Just copy and paste the codes I give you at the beginning of the survey form.

.btn-primary { width:100%; height:50px; background-color: #1d808d; color: white; font-size: 18px; } .form-control{ width:100%; height:60px; }