SuiteCRM Scheduled Emails Not Sent While Test Email Can Be Sent

I have set upped the email settings of my SuiteCRM and also the IMAP settings and it works fine when I send test email. It works fine evenly when I send a test email from the Campaigns module. However, when I send I hit the Send Email at Scheduled Time and wait for the scheduled time, the time arrives but it does not send the emails to the target list.
Any reason on why such happens.

It is noteworthy to mention that when I hit “Send Marketing Email as Test” The emails are sent. But the scheduled emails are not sent. and when I open Email Queue and hit manually then the emails are sent as well.

I check the status of cron job with “sudo service cron status” and gave me the below output in the image. cron job seems to be fine.

Couple of things you can check…

1. Check in admin, email queue and see it’s not stuck there, you can force send it.
  2. Go into admin, scheduler, run nightly mass email campaigns and see that it is actually successfully running.

Also, keep in mind IT DOES NOT SEND AT THE SCHEDULED TIME EVER. It sends when the JOB runs AFTER the scheduled time. This is an important distinction. If your job runs at 10pm but your campaign is scheduled for 10am, it won’t run and send till 10pm.

My recent experience with 8.3 bitnami installation was that the cron logs showed as running in the linux system log, but on the web server it didn’t show any jobs as executing.

Using the current documentation’s instructions for Bitnami didn’t work - but this did:

sudo crontab -e

* * * * * sudo -u daemon bash -c "/opt/bitnami/php/bin/php -f /bitnami/suitecrm/public/legacy/cron.php >> /bitnami/suitecrm/logs/cron_output.log 2>&1"

After using that, the jobs would execute on the web-server, and google calendars would finally sync.

If you have permission issues, it’ll give you a log output to get one step further in debugging.

1 Like

I am no longer working on SuiteCRM. I started developing a crm by myself.