SuiteCRM Manufacturing and Order Management

I would like to use suiteCRM to manage orders and manufacturing…do you think this is a good idea?

The Manufacturing section is mainly based very similar as the projects with project tasks module.
There is a main Order (Product) - with sub components.
The components needs to be created and manufactured according to specifics. Lead times, and due dates
Then all the components needs to be assembled to form the product at the end. Lead times, and due dates

Would you suggest I use the Project (Product) - Project Tasks (Product Components) - to manage this? Or create a new custom module?

Cornel

Hi Cornel,

Doesn’t sound like a good idea, I think you need to take a look at the modules already within the CRM and investigate the business logic thoroughly.

You should use Quotes for Orders, which you can add line items to(products) and then convert the quote/order to an invoice.

You should use the Products module for Products, not Projects. If you wanted something like Product Components, you can create custom fields in Studio for the Products module, or create a new Product Components module and relate this to Products.

Thanks,

Will.