SuiteCRM logo/button and API

First off, congratulations and a ton of thanks for forking and creating a better alternative to SugarCRM CE!

I am very excited about adopting SuiteCRM as my default CRM solution and have two basic questions:

1. Seeing that SuiteCRM has a GPL3 license (good decision!) instead of the restrictive AGPL3 license used by SugarCRM, can I remove all mention of SuiteCRM from the code before using it? I am specifically concerned about the “Superchaged by SuiteCRM” button in the footer. I know I can not remove the “Powered by SugarCRM” because their license mandates it.

2. I already have a custom app that talks to SugarCRM CE via the REST API. Since SuiteCRM is simply a fork of SugarCRM CE, is it okay to assume my API queries will work without any changes on SuiteCRM as well?

Thanks!
AK

Hi AK,

1.) You may remove references to SuiteCRM if you wish.

2.) Your API queries will work given that they work with Sugar CE 6.5.15 & 6.5.16.

Thanks,

Will.

1 Like

Hi Will,

Thank you for providing clear and concise answers.

Cheers!
AK

Hi,

I would like to add another button in the footer (like the Super powered by button) could you kindly let me know how this could be achieved.

Regards
Lenin

Hi Lenin,

This can be achieved by modifying footer.tpl. You can create a custom one in custom/themes/Suite7/tpls or modify the existing file.

Thanks,

Will.

Hi Will,

Thanks for the quick reply. Well it seems like when the modules are accessed from the header menu or when we return to other modules using the header menu, the custom footer disappears. (Changes back to Standard footer)

Any idea as to why this would occur.

Regards,
Lenin