SuiteCRM AOP / Joomla Extension Case Assignment

How does the system determine which user to assign for the new cases created in Joomla for the AOP portal? I would expect it to assign to the user the contact is assigned to, but it does not.

Hi,

AOP will use whatever setting is in the Inbound Email settings. If this is not set there then it will fall back to the settings in AOP admin.

I don’t think there’s a way at the moment to assign the case to the same user as the contacts assigned user but this would make a good addition.

Thanks,
Jim

Thanks for the reply. I wasn’t referring to the e-mail that is sent on behalf/from SuiteCRM/AOP. I was referring to the user assigned in SuiteCRM after a portal user creates a case in Joomla. It appears the system randomly assigns (or goes down the list) of users.

Example: I just created 5 cases as a portal user on Joomla, and it assigned 5 different users to work on the tickets. I’m assuming this is intentional, but wasn’t sure if there was any control. I know I can re-assign, but still would like to better grasp.

Thanks!

-Jeff

Hi Jeff,

My post wasn’t referring to the email that goes out. Who the case gets assigned to is decided in those places too.

Here’s some examples:

Inbound Email assignment settings:

AOP Admin Assignment Settings:

Hope this helps,
Jim

Awesome, that helps a LOT! I didn’t even know about the incoming email settings.

One of the things I really wanted was for the user to be able to reply to the case e-mails, where it says reply at the top, and have that info also update the case on the psa/portal. Is that what the incoming settings are for, where it says create case from e-mail? I tried it out but it didn’t create or update a case. I’m using AOP default (which I changed the assignment to a role I designated). My case macro is unchanged @ [CASE:%1]. Do I need to do anything with [CASE:%1]?

Thanks!!

You’ll need to have an email address setup for case emails to go to. Use this email as the sender for the case emails and ensure that the Inbound email scheduler is running and add this to the inbound email settings.

The case macro is used when updating cases. If an email comes in with (for example) [CASE:145] in the subject then this will be treated as a reply to case 145. You can just leave this as the default and it should work fine.

Thanks,
Jim

Should the portal be getting the e-mail updates also? The SuiteCRM gets the updates in the history section (only if email is from within PSA, doesn’t work with outlook for example), but the portal doesn’t get the update.

Support Email From Address: psa@mymailclient.com
Support Email From Name: Portal
User Email Template: User Case Update
Contact Email Template: Contact Case Update
Case Created Email Template: Case Creation
Case Closed Email Template: Case Closure
Joomla Support Portal Account Creation Template: Joomla Account Creation

I’m assuming the problem is my “group” email, which doesn’t seem to work (I tested using as personal which works fine), as group is where it is designated as Create Case.

Import Emails Automatically: Yes
“From” Address: psa@mymailclient.com
Create Case from Email: Yes
Distribution Method: Use AOP Default
New Case Auto-Reply Template: User Case Update
“Reply-to” Address: psa@mymailclient.com
Auto-Reply Template: Case Creation
Allow users to send emails using the “From” Name and Address as the reply to address: No
No Auto-Reply to this Domain: none
Number of Auto-responses:10
Leave Messages On Server: Yes

Under e-mail, it just says 0 emails, no emails to display, even though the same mailbox works fine as personal.

Any ideas?

The email should update both the history and case updates sections. To confirm you are sending an email from outside sugar to psa@mymailclient.com?

What does “Test Settings” do in the Inbound Email settings? Is the scheduler running? If so are the unread emails being marked as read when the scheduler runs?

Thanks,
Jim

Sending an e-mail outside of sugar to psa@mymailclient.com doesn’t import any criteria. The history updates come from when sending within the sugar email system (probably because it’s associating with the case, but still not updating portal).

On the “group” email that uses the case settings, the connection is successful, but when I view this box in email, there is no mail. When I try the same email via personal, it shows and works fine. Since its the group email that associates the case stuff in AOP, I’m assuming that is why I’m having problem. Any ideas why the group box doesn’t show, but the same box setup as personal does?

In scheduler (system), I can see by default: AOP Check Inbound Mailboxes As often as possible. 01/01/2005 06:15am - 12/30/2020 07:00pm Active

However under last run, it shows never. The job is listed as “AOP Poll Monitored Inboxes”. I’m new to SuiteCRM so I’m not sure if this is what you are referring to. I’ve only been using it less than a week :frowning:

Hi,

Yes that’s what I was referring to. You will need to set up either the windows scheduler or cron to trigger the scheduled tasks. There’s information on this here:

http://support.sugarcrm.com/04_Knowledge_Base/02Administration/100Schedulers/Introduction_to_Cron_Jobs/

Thanks,
Jim

Ok thanks I will look into it! My SuiteCRM install (as well as Joomla) is on a Shared Server (linux package) hosted by 1&1, which also does the e-mail.

Thanks!

Do I simply need to point to the cron file on the server?

This is what I added:

0,4,29,44 * * * * /kunden/usr/bin/wget http://my1and1website.com/psa/cron.php

Not sure if this is right or not. I read online it can take a day or so to start working for 1and1. This is listed under crontab -l in SSH so I know it saved.

Normally you would actually run it on the server like:

*    *    *    *    *     cd /path/to/your/instance; php -f cron.php > /dev/null 2>&1 

However I can’t speak for 1&1. What you have should work though be aware that with those settings it may take up to 25 minutes for emails to be pulled in.

Thanks,
Jim

What would the best time frequency setting be? Should I just change it to * * * * *?

I’m new to cron also.

Thanks!

• is the recommended setting since this will run the scheduler every minute.

Awesome, I’ll wait and see if it’s working by tomorrow since that is what I read how long it takes from 1and1 to start running them. We will see. I changed to that time which makes the most sense. Still hasn’t run so must just be the 1and1 delay, if I did it right. :slight_smile:

I did a little more research and I’m not sure if my path structure is right so I threw a few more options in…

• /usr/bin/php kunden/homepages/X/XXXXXXXX/htdocs/psa/cron.php > /dev/null
          • /usr/local/bin/php kunden/homepages/X/XXXXXXXX/htdocs/psa/cron.php > /dev/null
          • /usr/local/bin/php kunden/homepages/X/XXXXXXXX/htdocs/intranet/psa/cron.php > /dev/null
          • /usr/local/bin/php kunden/homepages/X/XXXXXXXX/htdocs/my1and1website.com/intranet/psa/cron.php > /dev/null
          • /usr/local/bin/php5.4 kunden/homepages/X/XXXXXXXX/htdocs/intranet/psa/cron.php > /dev/null
          • /usr/local/bin/php5.4 kunden/homepages/X/XXXXXXXX/htdocs/my1and1website.com/intranet/psa/cron.php > /dev/null

I have no idea which one is right, if any :slight_smile:

When I type pwd into putty, I get the following format: /kunden/homepages/x/xxxxxxxxx/htdocs

So I’m assuming htdocs is the domain root. Would I still need to put the domain name after? psa sits at the following:

intranet.my1and1website.com/psa.

In FTP, intranet is a subdirectory of my1and1website, with the psa folder within that.

Ugh, 1and1 makes things so difficult. :frowning:

Well I feel really stupid. At the bottom of the scheduler page it says exactly what to add to the crontab, so I guess it makes the most sense to use that:

• cd /homepages/x/xxxxxxxxx/htdocs/intranet/psa; php -f cron.php > /dev/null 2>&1 

Ugh lame… I’m an idiot. :slight_smile:

Hmm so * * * * * cd /homepages/x/xxxxxxxxx/htdocs/intranet/psa; php -f cron.php > /dev/null 2>&1 didn’t do anything.

I noticed on my 1and1 server that there were cron.php files at the root, from the crontab paths I previously specified. So it was doing something. But I think it was from this one:

Because when I added it, it started populating the cron.php1, etc files on the root domain, which is not where PSA sits.

All of the files that were created only contained the following:

cron.php is CLI only.

Is there a way to run the cron.php manually from SSH, so I can better test?

I can do a cd to the PSA path, and when I type cron.php, I get the following (guessing it was trying to run it as a batch, I’m new to this stuff).

(uiserver):user:/homepages/6/dxxxxxxx3/htdocs/intranet/psa > cron.php
./cron.php: line 1: ?php: No such file or directory
./cron.php: line 2: syntax error near unexpected token 'sugarEntry'' ./cron.php: line 2: if(!defined(‘sugarEntry’))define(‘sugarEntry’, true);’

Any suggestions on how to enter the crontab entry, since I’m doing something wrong? (Stupid shared servers).

I know what the path is, as I ran pwd from SSH:

/homepages/6/dxxxxxxx3/htdocs/intranet/psa

The 1and1 guide shows to use this format:

• /usr/bin/php /kunden/homepages/6/dxxxxxxx3/htdocs/intranet/psa/cron.php

No luck yet though. On the phone with 1and1 now.