SuiteCRM 8 - Q & A

can you point us towards the repository where the alpha code is maintained? In the sense of open source that woudl be very interesting.

PS: there are several other Open Source CRM solutions as well … :slight_smile: … some also built using SugarCRM and Angular … :slight_smile:

I know one, but I wouldn’t go near it… costs a bunch of money, their Community is so dead that they go out posting on the Forums of other CRM’s, whining about the fact that this project doesn’t follow the strategy options and the community management that didn’t work for them… :man_shrugging:

Q: Where is the public repository? Where will it be hosted?

We are still ironing out certain fundamental aspects and POCs (proof of concepts) before publishing our code to our GitHub repo. We plan to publicly release the codebase in our beta phases.

I would like to bring to your attention that we have already stated that we will supply the source code at the beta release. Whether the code is released in alpha, beta, release candidate or at another milestone the key aspect of “open” in open source software is the ability to collaborate, not that the code was available from conception.

I would like to also address to our community in that we have had to take action against a particular user of our forums ( I wouldn’t describe this user as a member of our community) for violating our code of conduct. We have always acted in good faith with other communities by being relatively community agnostic since we do maintain a large and active project. But unfortunately it has come to light that some other communities have taken advantage of our good will and purposely, and repetitively, antagonised the efforts of our team for their own agenda.

Here at SuiteCRM we always encourage constructive feedback, including comparisons to other projects, but when the intent is to consciously detract from the project , especially in order to benefit them, rather than seek to help improve then that becomes a problem that affects the morale of our community.

But thankfully these incidences are rare as we have such a wonderful array of community members all being respectful to each other and helping out. Big shout out to our members that understand what we are all here for and in making this an enjoyable place to converse :heart:

6 Likes

Thank you for your answers, @samus-aran
Maybe we could feed the FAQ with a little set of questions.

Will SuiteCRM 8.0 have… ??

• An encrypted native field type to work with sensitive information that is needed to be saved protected
    (related info)

• A native way to save a file server path (URL field type not work with them). I mean, a field where you can save something like “\myfileserver\folderA\file123.docx” and it becomes in a clickable link to a file that opens Microsoft Word… or maybe save something like “\myfileserver\folderB” and it becames in a clickable link that opens “Windows Explorer” in that specific or folder.

• A native field type to work in the same way as the multi-email in contacts (related info)

More questions to come in the future… hehehe :slight_smile:
Thanks!

1 Like

Any update on the Alpha preview III? https://suitecrm.com/suitecrm-roadmap/ mentions 15 Oct 2020.

4 Likes

Glad to hear today that SuiteCRM 8 Alpha III is out for preview.

One thing that immediately caught me is that Is the Quick Create Menu on TOP RIGHT Configurable? In Existing versions its hard coded into TPLs which is very bad as if you disable the module, the Create Option is still there.

1 Like

Hi! Is url the same https://alpha.suiteondemand.com/ ?
I have got 404.

You can complete the form for access the third SuiteCRM 8 Alpha Preview

Then, you’ll recieve the new link :+1:

3 Likes

I read somewhere that Alpha III is going to be in 2 versions a and b?? what are the updated timelines for the releases as alpha 3 was delayed from Oct1 to 15 and then released on 19 October.

When can we expect beta 1 for testing??

4 Likes

Will change in core include improvements in upload/management of files like configure some directory structure based on modules or new directory create based on month etc?

Hey @Dale !
I’m a dev resposnible for customizations and new functionality of SuiteCRM in my company.
I had a glance and alpha preview and I love what you guys are doing.
That being said, I’m curious if you have any detailed information on ETA of 8?
I looked at roadmap and any threads I could find in Google but didn’t find any specifics there apart from 2020, Q4.
I expect that it might be delayed due to what’s been going on this year in the world?
Any answer is welcome.

6 Likes

As you said SuiteCRM 8 UI will be based on Angular to make it a more linear and simplified approach. I want to know, how will it be compared to SpiceCRM’s Lightning Design System? Since both are going to base on Angular.

2 Likes

Are there any plans on making SuiteCRM more accessible? Many of the colors used in the theme do not pass WCAG AA standards (1.4.3 Contrast (Minimum) (Level AA)). Users with low vision may have difficulties using it. There are other issues such as form tags without proper labels ( 1.3.1 Info and Relationships (Level A)) and headings that aren’t defined by heading tags. ( 2.4.6 Headings and Labels (Level AA)). Some governments are starting to enforce that websites become compliant. For most case, it’s only public accessible websites however in the future it most likely will extend to websites behind a login. It’s also just a good thing to do to make sure all users can use the CRM.

5 Likes

When will Suitecrm 8 be fully launched? Is there more previews after Alpha Preview III (Phase 2)?
Will Kanban/Board View be available in the final product?

6 Likes

Kanban can’t come soon enough-- that’s for sure. I’m really looking forward to that feature as well. :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Hi,

will be version 8 using PDO ( Doctrine ORM) and will be possible to use other databases such as Postgresql?

Thanks

In the Covid, I think SuiteCRM 8 should integrate with social network and chat for collaboration in the business. Thanks

4 Likes

Does MS SQL compatibility completely dropped out of stack?

Database

MariaDB 10.1+

MySQL 5.6, 5.7, 8

Hi @Ashcraft,

Anything listed here that is supported by SuiteCRM 7.x should work however right now isn’t officially listed

I’d be interested to hear if you encounter any issues so please feel free to reach out to me if you decide to give it a bash! :+1:

Been following the Suite8 installation guide but not able to Run the Project on Local.