SuiteCRM 8 Beta - Install Questions

@Mac-Rae

I first installed LAMP stack on a Ubuntu 20.04 VPS. I installed the same PHP components I would on a SuiteCRM 7 install.

I enabled mod_rewrite and followed the permissions-granting steps in the “handy installation instructions.”

I ran the installer, and I get the “install complete” message. I can see the newly created files in the directory, but I get a 503 message.

I know the webserver at least “works” since if I stick a “Hello World” index.html file in there, I can see it.

Could you possibly post an example of: 1) basic PHP configuration required and 2) what the virtualhost file needs to look like?

I am not a developer, but willing to test suite 8 in a separate sub-directory suite8.example.com.
Installation instructions do not allow the usual install via browser e.g suite8.example.com/install.
Please let me know when this tool is ready.
We are using version 7 and want to migrate to version 8 as soon as it works.

We are trying to install SuiteCRM8 under IIS. After the install, we do not have a path in IIS that matches */api/graphql so the rewrite rule is failing. What are we missing ?

1 Like

I have installed Suite CRM 8 from zip file, and getting 500 error for GraphQL

. Could you tell how to find exact error, logs ?

Configuration changes required to connect Suite CRM 8 to MSSQL

1. Change DATABASE_URL in suitecrmrootfolder/.env.local file. ( .env.local file need to be at this path)
    • DATABASE_URL=“mssql://USERNAME:PASSWORD@DBSERVERBANE:1433/DATABASENAME”
  2. Add below entries to the suitecrmrootfolder\public\legacy\config_override.php
    • $sugar_config[‘dbconfig’][‘db_host_name’] = DBSERVERBANE;
    • $sugar_config[‘dbconfig’][‘db_user_name’] = DBUSERNAME;
    • $sugar_config[‘dbconfig’][‘db_password’] = password;
    • $sugar_config[‘dbconfig’][‘db_name’] = dbname;
    • $sugar_config[‘dbconfig’][‘db_type’] = ‘mssql’;
    • $sugar_config[‘dbconfig’][‘db_port’] = ‘1433’;
    • $sugar_config[‘dbconfig’][‘db_manager’] = ‘SqlsrvManager’;

For IIS the equivalent of mod_rewrite is URLRewrite, which must be installed for the attached web.config files to work: https://tecadmin.net/enable-url-rewrite-iis/

1. Save web-public.config as web.config in the public folder

2. Save web-legacy.config as web.config in the legacy folder

3. Restart the site.

web_config_files_for_rewrites.zip (1.0 KB)

…jack

1 Like

Check if your suitecrm.log file is being created and/or updated. If not then HTTP Error 500 could be an IIS Permissions issue.

Settings (which maybe could be made less permissive, but work):
All of these are set for the (say) c:\inetpub\wwwroot\suitecrm8 folder:

1. IIS AppPool\<your app pool name the site uses> should have full control
  2. Give IUSR user full control
  3. Give IIS_IUSRS full control.
  4. Restart site.

…jack

1 Like

After installing SuiteCRM8, how to check if it is running new Angular UI and not legacy UI?

Hi @milanraval,

Short intro - classic view
The base of the app is angular. then there is a view called classic view. Which shows a legacy view within angular.

This classic view is enabled for some routes. The angular router configuration will decide if to display the regular view or classic view. Depending on configuration.

Classic view route configuration

As mentioned this is configuration driven. Check the configs in config/services/module/module_routing.yaml, the entries that are set to false, will use the classic view (legacy).

Also, any view that is not implemented yet on angular side will default to this classic view.

From an UI perspective you’ll notice some slight differences on the styling/features ( button position, etc)

Hope this helps

1 Like

How do I reset my admin user password? I entered it at install, but when I try to login it says the credentials are incorrect.

I’ve tried :

UPDATE users SET user_hash = '$2y$10$ua6PicOvqyYMKgOR6gzFcub.Z5s40j6moWRH4oaO.Ef667lz.nb0m' WHERE user_name = 'my_admin_user';

to try to make it Password123,

and

UPDATE users SET user_hash = MD5('my_password') WHERE user_name = 'my_admin_user';

I just installed beta2 and got a successful installation. I configured Apache for mod_rewrite, I have all the compatible versions. When I attempt to access the vhost dir I get: “Oops an error occurred” and "The server returned a “500 Internal Server Error” and “Something is broken please let us know what you were doing when this error occurred”

Nothing of help in the apache error log, also checked prod.log and this was in there:
php.CRITICAL: Uncaught Error: Undefined constant ‘XML_PI_NODE’ {“exception”:"[object] (Error(code: 0): Undefined constant ‘XML_PI_NODE’ at /var/www/suite8/cache/prod/ContainerV0Fx7x4/App_KernelProdContainer.php:579)"} []

Don’t know if that is related. Not sure where else to look.

It looks like I needed some PHP modules installed - now I’m getting a blank screen… could someone please detail ALL pre-requisite requirements to install?

Current install instructions for 8 beta are very vague. It would help to know that you have to install a slew of php modules before the app will work. Now I’m at a blank screen and get no errors in any log files that I can see - nothing in the apache error log file and nothing new in the suitecrm.log file.

Help!

Hi @rwebb616,

Thanks for trying out Suite 8 Beta.

Regarding the blank screen, could you check the network tab on your browser please? Is there any failing graphql calls.

I’m getting only one of these. Let me know if you need to see more of the message.

Ok I found the fix for the graphql error - no longer getting the 404 - set up the rewrites properly… but still have a blank white page.

Hi @rwebb616,

nice, making some progress.

Are there any other errors on the network tab? if there is a blank page, one of the request should be failing.

I may have spoke too soon - the 404 is not there but in the troubleshooting steps it says to make a call to: https://<your_host>/index.php/api/graphql and if rewrites are not set up correct, you will see this error about graphql query is not valid… I am still getting that, but mod_rewrite is installed and as far as I can tell it’s turned on.

I don’t see any other errors on the network tab. The url is here if you want to try : https://crm8.zylatech.com

Rich

Any further ideas? Still blank page.

I am having a similar problem but I did install from a .zip file, not a repo. ( I did not even know there was a repo)

When I go to {URL} i get an error page telling me to “run ng build from terminal” but this is a NON-developer install and I do not have access to an ng command (I tried) and I di not install the developer tools (other than Composer, which is not listed on the Administrator Install guide but IS required.

When I go to {URL}/legacy I get the SUITECRM login page but with no css
I can login but I have no css so it is unusable

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

I followed all the instruction for installing a NON-developer version of the Suitecrm 8 beta-2

I am doing this on a fresh install of Debian 10
I do have all ther apache, php and MySQL (MariaDB) installation requirements

I did create a virtual host at /var/www/suite8.ca and have edited the AllowOverride ALL settings for that directory

I have installed Composer in the root direcoty (/var/www/suite8.ca) and the legacy directory (/var/www/suite8.ca/public/legacy)

I did run all the file permissions as specified

The database configuration is as it should be and is confirmed in .env.local

I could not run the ./vendor/bin/pscss … command in /var/www/suite8.ca/public/legacy becasue it errored out saying there was no such file or directory and when I checked, there was no bin directory in /var/www/suite8.ca/public/legacy/vendor

Any help is appreciated

In prior SuiteCRM versions, the following libraries were needed (Debian system using apt)

Some were already installed when php was installed

JSON

XML Parsing

MB Strings Module

ZLIB Compression Module

ZIP Handling Module

PCRE Library

IMAP Module

cURL Module

Sprite Support

As it turns out, some of the required libraies were installed

apt install libc-client2007e libzip4 mlock php-imap php-zip php-imap php-zip