SuiteCRM 8 Beta - Install Questions

Hi @maxonss,

Thanks for the feedback.

@pgr is right.

I think Pleskā€™s default apache user is not www-data, have a look at:

1 Like

Hello @pgr,

OMGā€¦ I completely forgot to mention that we use Git Pleskā€™s extension to fetch code from our repo on Github ! What a shame to forget something that important.

When I try to install SuiteCRM after a simple drag & drop to the server, it obviously works following the installation guide.

However, when I use ps -ef itā€™s www-data that indeed runs the server.

www-data  1057115  384245  0 16:58 ?  00:00:00 /usr/sbin/apache2 -k start

EDIT : Just reinstalled the Plesk image and trying to find out whatā€™s going on with the Git fetchā€¦ Maybe Iā€™m just ignoring some files that I shouldnā€™t ignore.

EDIT 2 to clarify the context: We initialized a .git locally and linked it onto a remote. We pushed the SuiteCRM project before the installation and fetched it on the distant server from the remote. After the fetch on the distant server, I then add by hand the default .env and extension/ folder before trying to install via SSH

Hi @maxonss,

Is the code on the git repo, the code that came from the ā€œpre-builtā€ zip package? or does it come from the SuiteCRM-Core repo?

Do you commit everything? or are you ignoring parts of it?

Greetings @clemente.raposo,

Iā€™m using the SuiteCRM-Core Beta 3 release from Github.

Iā€™m now ignoring nothing but the files already ignored by the .gitignore located in the repo and then committing everything to the Git before fetching from the Plesk server.

I reinstalled the same Plesk image, installed the needed php extensions and followed the developer installation guide :

Permissions still the same for the cache/ folder :

root@domain $ ls -al
$ drwxrwsr-x    3 www-data               www-data   4096 Sep 22 12:32 cache

And user seems to be www-data after using ps -ef :

root@domain $ ps -ef
$ www-data  455907     892  0 14:26 ?        00:00:00 /usr/sbin/apache2 -k start

And I still have the same error :

Hi @maxonss,

Thanks for the feedback, this is really strange.

Is the cache/dev folder created already? If not, is SuiteCRM/Symfony able to create it?

Hi @clemente.raposo,

Sorry for long time without any answer.
Just wanted to thank you for your time, I re-mounted the VPS image and waited for the Release Candidate to come out and the prebuilt version now works great.

Thank you again,

EDIT: To answer the question you asked, Symfony was not able to create it, I think it was due to modified privileges I missed or something like that I could have broke during my testsā€¦ Sorry I cannot help.

Tried again with same result. Not able to connect to DB.

env.local file has following details.

DATABASE_URL=ā€œmysql://root:root@127.0.0.1:3306/suitecrm8ā€

Legacy settings are the same as SuiteCRM 8 Beta - Install Questions - #32 by cherub-chum

I am on Mac using MAMP PRO and the URL which points to crm is http://localhost:8888/suitecrm8/

Document Root is set to suitecrm8/public folder

how can we use a different port than default 3306? changing .env.local file directly will take effect?
Also there is no config.php file in public/legacy/ folder, would that be needed?

Hi @cherub-chum,

Thanks for the feedback.

About the above. At the moment you need to change both .env.local and public/legacy/config.php. Weā€™ve already had a discussion about this internally and we will most likely add it to the installer soon.

About not being able to connect to the db:

@maxonss was also having issues with that. @maxonss if Iā€™m not mistaken you were able to overcome that issue right?

The links on the following post may help also.

Yep, but Iā€™m afraid that wasnā€™t about the port but the domain I usedā€¦

My problem was solved by using 127.0.0.1 instead of localhost

7 posts were merged into an existing topic: Suite 8 : Installing on NGINX

16 posts were split to a new topic: Htaccess causing errors after install

Hi @clemente.raposo ,

I got this error while trying to access [suitecrm_root]/public. Can you please help? Iā€™ve got no relevant errors in httpd log and suitecrm.log

2 posts were split to a new topic: Suite 8 : Customising Top Nav theme

3 posts were split to a new topic: Suite 8: change logs from new backend to stdout

@samus-aran @clemente.raposo

As the traction and interest for SuiteCRM 8 grows, itā€™s probably time to have a sub-forum for it, and not a single thread for all installation issues. This one now has 177 replies, which essentially means nobody is reading all of it anymoreā€¦ having separate threads would make things easier to search.

4 Likes

I second that - too.
DJ

2 posts were split to a new topic: Suite 8 : Installing on NGINX

3 posts were split to a new topic: Suite 8 : Lost CSS

Alrighty folk,

This massive thread has served itā€™s purpose. Thanks @clemente.raposo for responding to everyone. Weā€™ll close this thread, any new issues/install questions we ask you to open them up in the Install & Upgrade category (Installation & Upgrade Help - SuiteCRM) with the tag suitecrm8

Thanks everyone for your activity and providing us feedback to help us improve SuiteCRM 8 :tada: