Suitecrm 7.11.8 undefined under: Line items in quote. Fresh install on server

Ok, so I still don’t know which user your web server is running under. I bet it’s sh216152, but that isn’t consistent with the rest of what you describe…

There’s a place where we can check this: in Admin / Schedulers, what exactly are the crontab instructions given at the bottom?

Hi PGR!
Please don’t leave me with this :slight_smile:
Here is whats under scheduler:

In order to run SuiteCRM Schedulers, edit your web server user's crontab file with this command:
sudo crontab -e -u sh216152
... and add the following line to the crontab file:
*    *    *    *    *     cd /www/crm.toto-foto.pl; php -f cron.php > /dev/null 2>&1

I changed everything to 775 to get some work done ( everything is working with this permissions) but would like some security as well :slight_smile:
Other then that I cant see any styling in PDF templates.

Yep, that would indicate the web server user is sh216152

This is what doesn’t make sense:

If your files are owned by sh216152, then when a process that is running under user sh216152 tries to access, it will use the “owner” part of the permissions, meaning it will get the first “7” in your “775”. So it really doesn’t make any difference if it’s 775, 755, or 750, or even 700!

So what you’ve been reporting here simply doesn’t make sense to me. Which makes it difficult to suggest a solution :dry:

Dose it make any difference if the crm is on the shared hosting?
Do I have to have a username (in crm) sh216152?
If I try to load crm from shared hosting, doesn’t that mean that some file will have to be read by third party and executed meaning that some files will have to have 775?
Am I the only person that installed crm on shared hosting and there is no guide to what files should have what permissions?

No, it doesn’t make any difference for being on shared hosting. Tons of people use SuiteCRM on shared hosting. They do apply some restrictions, but still - serving files is their basic job. The configuration they’re using looks normal to me, and it should just work.

This username has nothing to do with users inside the CRM, don’t worry about that. It’s just the Linux username.

If you can use 755 (and 775 on those special folders) go ahead, you’ll be just as safe as anyone else…

Can you help me with the rest of the problems I got with crm? I’m determined to get it working and I’m looking for solutions online but there isn’t much info on it.
I can’t add dashlets and when I send messages, its from “bart.sh216152” which is my login to email service, not what I setup in email settings in crm.

I had installed SuiteCRM again with PHP7.1 this time and I got some problems solved but new ocured.

Can’t send emails from email module but everything is set up as it should be - tested on the settings site and I can send and receive emails.

Thu Sep 19 13:47:37 2019 [19619][1][FATAL] SugarPHPMailer encountered an error: SMTP Error: Could not authenticate.
Thu Sep 19 13:47:37 2019 [19619][1][FATAL] SugarPHPMailer encountered an error: SMTP Error: Could not authenticate.
Thu Sep 19 13:48:43 2019 [22344][1][FATAL] log call at: modules/EmailMan/tpls/config.tpl:465 - styleChecked is not set
Thu Sep 19 13:50:31 2019 [19619][1][FATAL] log call at: modules/EmailMan/tpls/config.tpl:465 - styleChecked is not set
Thu Sep 19 13:51:52 2019 [22344][1][FATAL] SugarBean::populateDefaultValues $field_defs should be an array

The email issue is being discussed here, isn’t it? :

https://suitecrm.com/suitecrm/forum/installation-upgrade-help/27493-wrong-text-on-email-from-field

it’s better to keep each issue in a separate thread. Thanks

Hi PGR!
As I had mentioned here on in the other of my Topics, I installed new version of CRM, this time on PHP7.1 which sorted most of my problems. A had also figured out that chrom as a bowers for suitecrm is basically useless(cache problems) and it should be mentioned somewhere in the install guide.

As for now my crm is running but I got few undefined under “Studio” module.
Other then that, my suite crm is running on 775 permission that I would like to change so it will be more secure like 770 for example. Security measures. Tricky part is, which folders need which permissions on shared host like blue host for example. Could you help me with that ?

Chrome works well with SuiteCRM, I bet the majority of our users uses Chrome.

The permissions are simple to set when you have SSH access and you know how to understand what you’re doing (which user your web server is running under, file ownerships, etc). But with some shared hosting, and when the sysadmin’s is a beginner, it can get confusing and sometimes I have trouble helping people with that from a distance. Maybe it makes more sense to try and get some local help from someone who knows Linux.

Ok here is what I did too fix the issue and this is from a non technical perspective for someone who uses Plesk

-Go to your File Folder where you Installed Suite CRM
-From here look for the Cache Folder. To the right of it you will see something that starts with rw that is highlighted in blue (under the permission column). Click on that and set all the permissions and save.

• now click on the Cache folder and do the same thing for the jslanguage folder

• now click on the jslanguage folder and do the same for en_us.js

• If the above step does not work. Try deleting the en_us.js folder first. It will automatically make a new file - and then repeat the process.

• please note that if you do a quick repair and rebuild, it is possible it may reset these settings…