SuiteCRM 7.10 preview

@murugappan

This is not the place for that request.

In any case I am not sure if I understand fully your issue but there should be a solution on gitHub:

Here is the description of the issue:
https://github.com/salesagility/SuiteCRM/issues/3081

You can find more here:
https://suitecrm.com/forum/suitecrm-7-0-discussion/6952-export-customizations#25069
and https://suitecrm.com/forum/suitecrm-7-0-discussion/12950-exporto-studio-customization

And here is the solution:
https://github.com/salesagility/SuiteCRM/pull/3086

2 Likes

I’d like to echo the comments regarding accessibility earlier in this thread, the colours in SuiteP in 7.9 are particularly bad compared to SuiteR. The preview colours for 7.10 do look a lot better, so I hope that this will resolve that particular problem.

However, while I accept the point made earlier here that resources are limited and that “full” accessibility may be some way off, what really concerns me is that SuiteP in 7.9 represents a backwards step for accessibility when I would have expected newer themes and Suite versions to represent improvements over the older ones, or at the very least retain the staus quo. So I have to ask the question, will all new development be done with accessibility in mind so each release is at least no worse than the last in terms of accessibility compliance?

Following features would help.

1. Adding button in top Right section to Show/Hide left action and recent items menu by default.
  2. Ability to Configure search Area for show/hide which will increate the content area if we are showing 50 records in list view.
  3. Chart Dashlet for Opportunities Sales Funnel (not the bars as shown now).
  4. Option to generate custom URL for contracts which users can sign without log in (Signature Pad)
  5. Ability to change the BG color of CRM. Right now its only white and not customisable.
  6. A Core Kanban View Option for Modules like Opportunity, Contacts and Quotes.
  7. Incoming emails auto relate with Existing Accounts or Contacts (which ever has email matched).
  8. Comments Module as we have under cases.
  9. Dashlets to have an option to be expendable across Coloumns. Right now it can not extend to full width as per division of columns.
1 Like

Could not attach file in the attachments. See below link for UI Suggestions.
https://ibb.co/ev8kab

@cherub-chum that looks very nice. Is that from an existing software, or did you draw that up yourself in Photoshop (or similar)?

See if this help you
https://www.suitecrm.com/forum/suitecrm-7-0-discussion/16012-file-attachments-having-problems-attaching-files-to-posts-on-this-forum-solution#53797

On the UI… nice suggestions! Are you tring to enjoy and have fun using a CRM? :slight_smile:

As they Say First Impression is the Last Impression, it should be Catchy and Elegant at a glance so that users can stick to it. It was based on inspirations from
Metronic Theme

One other suggestion would be to add DataTables to List View for Quick pagination and sorting.

PS: attachments still does not work. I have seen your post and tried that several times. I am on Windows 7 (64-bit) using Chrome Version 61.0.3163.100 (Official Build) (32-bit)

cherub-chum that looks pretty solid :slight_smile:

Hi everyone,

While work is continuing on the new version of SuiteP we’ve gone ahead and created a sneak peak of the compact spacing and padding for you to view at preview.suitecrm.com.
user: will
pass: will

Please note that this does not yet include the new colour schemes previewed earlier - this is just the more compact version. When 7.10 ships, both improvements will be included - more choice of colours and better spacing.
As always, your feedback is very welcome.

2 Likes

Hi Dillon,

I know you’ll get a lot of different feedback on this! :slight_smile:

My equipment: 1600x900 20” VGA

I’m only seeing the new compactness on list views; not on edit/detail views. Readability and contrast will still be an issue for many.

Using Chrome’s “inspect” and some on-the-fly CSS changes:

1. Try a font size of 14px; not 12px.
  2. Try 700 as the font weight; not 400.
  3. Reduce the padding down to: 2px 2px
  4. The white-on-grey headings and side-menu need more contrast. Try a font-weight of 900, instead of 700.

good work on spacing, much more on the way to something that I would use
having said that…
I believe we will be able to change colour scheme which is mandatory because the grey is really hard on the eyes… thumbs up again for colour selection capability.

I wonder why the edit button is hidden in the action menu, such an highly use button should not be hidden in the action view.
it would be cool if we can customize this in the config file (edit button on its own or hidden)

The major complaint I get from my users (since 2010) is that they need too many clicks to perform tasks, this hidden feature will be a turn off for them.

Will
Thanks
I like this a lot.

Will
Thanks . Nice
I like this a lot.

@bmwtourer, have you tried the option in Admin / System Settings / Show menu actions in dropdown (or something similar)?

It’s one of the first things I change in SuiteCRM, to save clicks. In fact, I would argue that spreading out the actions as individual buttons should be the default - though of course others might disagree.

There is also this https://github.com/salesagility/SuiteCRM/issues/3693, you should comment there if you think that’s useful.

1 Like

@pgr

I would totally agree with you.
To the new user coming into SuiteCRM, it is helpful to show everything initially, as an aid to navigation.
Then, with more familiarity, being able to hide things to reduce clutter.

1 Like

@pgr yes “Display actions within menus” is not checked/ticked the actions are already on separate buttons…
I totally agree that default should be like this for the same reason that Paul explained.

I added the comment as suggested in github…

1 Like

I like the design 3 the darker shade one…

I love the idea that you’re growing up in public. But in that vein, could you follow some common best practices (especially for the 7.10 release). One thing that is extremely helpful is making use of github’s milestones and release so that people know what is in the release before / during development and release.

Currently the only milestones available are extremely old and should be marked as closed and the 7.10 milestone does not exist.

Also, having a 7.10 branch available would allow for better testing and feedback from the community to allow for finding bugs sooner and possibly before getting into the wild.

Thanks for all the hard work.

Awesome! Looking forward to this update!

But there is still some basic functionality that hasn’t been working in any of your releases. At least in any that I tried installing.

This includes:

Being able to add a dashlet to a home screen. (never worked for me on any of your releases)
Case updates (absolutely never worked for me on any of the releases that I tried)
Project tasks not in the correct order (no matter what I tried, project tasks are never in the order I want them to. Always in a chaotic order so I end up not using project tasks)
Custom fields/drop down menus not working in workflow.

I really hope that these basic functionality issues will be addressed sometime soon.

@acoolov some of those problems are not common; I would say based on my experience here, that you probably have some other problem in your system. If you want to try troubleshooting them, open a new separate thread and give us some details about you’re system, and I’ll try to help you solve them. Maybe we can start with that Dashlet problem, if that’s ok with you.