Suite P Theme - Too much whitespace. Need more compact Theme.

Hello All,

We had same issue with too much white space on laptops and smaller devices. Here we have tried to resolve it to get some space to breathe.

You may check : FINE TUNNING THE SUITECRM’S NEW THEME (SUITEP)

2 Likes

Hello, I like your changes, they are definitely an improvement.

I can’t tell from the screenshots, but I hope you have reduced also the vertical space in the left-hand menu (module actions, recently viewed, favorites).

Thanks!

Yes we have reduced.

That’s great!

One more question, if you don’t mind: are these changes dependent on view-port size, applying only to laptops and desktops, or are they generic, applying to all users, even on mobiles?

No not specific to Laptops and Desktops, mostly it is generic applicable to all.

1 Like

Well done, waiting for the blog details.
Salesagility should take a look int those space improvements and implement it!

The part I think its not better is the calendar as it is now on the calendar popup where I expected it to be less space and size in the vertical.
Then again it could be better live!

We are in agreement, it is infact the theme that has stopped us moving from Sugar. We were anxiously waiting for the new theme and then when it arrived with the massive padding and huge cells especially in edit views management just didn’t feel it looked professional enough.

Inline editing causes elements around them to shift.

There are also some odd and inconsistent font selections.

I know UI can never please everyone but currently it just comes across as sloppy…

Salesforce IQ completely nails the UI styling. Take a look http://ukuupeople.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/RelateIQ-contact-list-1024x574.png

Great job from urdhvatech!

Are you planning to pass it onto SalesAgility so that they include it in the main product?

urdhvatech, the SuiteP theme was really not good at all for laptops/desktops and from what I see, you’ve done a very good job! Hope this gets released soon.

Just joined here to say the same thing. I just tried the Demo and damn what a hideously ugly theme, why is the menu bar literally 1 inch tall?? It’s such a huge waste of space, and the colour scheme is god awful.

Have to disagree. I think it’s cool! just that it needs squashing a little bit for us little ones!

Thanks amariussi, I appreciate your view on including it in main product. We are trying to get in touch with SaleAgility Team.

However you may visit our blog now now, Improved SuiteP is now available for download.

2 Likes

Thanks horus68, you may visit our blog now, Improved SuiteP is now available for download.

http://urdhva-tech.com/blogs/fine-tunning-the-suitecrm-new-theme

1 Like

Thank you so much urdhvatech!

On your blog, your first instruction is this:

(1) Download the style.css and put it under

themes/SuiteP/css/style.css

I wonder why you don’t say to put it under the custom folder instead, i.e.,

custom/themes/SuiteP/css/style.css

Hi pgr, I understand that it should be under custom directory. The reason we have kept in main theme is that the changes are done for SuiteCRM version 776, So in future if SuiteCRM Introduces new changes in css it should take into existence those changes.

We have just gave an glance to the community that how the improved one looks like, If people feel that it is worth using, we are willing to contribute it as a part of main product.

3 Likes

urdhvatech - THANKS!

I tried but can’t find custom/modules/Calander/tpls/main.tpl
I don’t see a Calander directory?

Did everything else and worked but not the main.tpl so I don’t know what that was suppose to do.

thanks

If the directory doesn’t exists, create it.

Improved theme is now compatible with version 7.7.7

Dear Friends@Urdhvatech,

The idea is good, as presented by you. I downloaded and tested it in development environment. Lots of promise with this theme.

However, It would be more elegant to eyes, if the height of most fields could be made standardized (equal height) in detailview particularly.

Edit view looked OK more or less!

Core idea is appreciated!

Once it is polished a little, it might be a good addition to SuiteCRM. Though, I would prefer it to have as an alternative to existing P-Theme, while retaining the original P-Theme also.

With thanks,

RK