SugarCRM 6.5.23 will not update to suiteCRM

Per the error on upload:

The uploaded file is not compatible with this version of Sugar:
SugarCRM System Version: 6.5.23

NOTE:

I have tried other suggestions of simply changing to 6.5.20 in the config.php and sugar_version.php files. As of 6.5.23 this does not work. If you change these values, Sugar then refuses to operate and says you cannot run Sugar with an incompatible DB.

It seems to me that if SuiteCRM is supposed to be taken seriously as a viable upgrade path, the developers of SuiteCRM would pay close attention to this and fix it.

The issue has been pending for MONTHS in other support requests with zero response.

Hi there,

Thank you for this. I totally agree with you that this is unacceptable. Can you try changing the version in the manifest.php of the package that you are trying to install? The flavour should be set in this file to CE and the version to match the sugar version you are using.

Best regards,

Paul

I ended up changing the version number of SugarCRM in its DB as well as config.php file and in sugar_version.php.

Switched it to 6.5.20 and it worked… but I expected a different behavior from SuiteCRM…

Hi there,

I am glad that you have got it working. I apologise about the issue, the updates usually run without issue. I will ask the team what has happened and will try to ensure that this does not happen again.

Best regards,

Paul