Sugar CRM 6.5.17 Files May Only Be Used With A Sugar CRM 6.5.17 Database

I am kinda new to SuiteCRM, and am looking to vTiger and SuiteCRM, where I feeling tels me SuiteCRM is a better choice.
I am now installing it in my VPS server.

in the install there are no errors other then the PHP memory, which it tels me its 32M and i need to set it to 40M or higher. but my server is configured ad 256M
the installation continues normal

It ended with 2 mentions, one that my config.php could not be written, so i did this manually.
the other about the log and a .htaccess entry.

Both changes are made. but there was not NEXT pr something so have run the setup over again (changing the config.php to false so you can run the install again

the second time it still complains about the .htaccess entry in the log directory. but further nothing
it ends with this text

Perform Setup
Creating SuiteCRM configuration file (config.php)
Cannot write to the .htaccess file.

If you want to secure your log file from being accessible via browser, create an .htaccess file in your log directory with the line:

BEGIN SUGARCRM RESTRICTIONS RedirectMatch 403 (?i)..log$ RedirectMatch 403 (?i)/+not_imported_..txt RedirectMatch 403 (?i)/+(soap|cache|xtemplate|data|examples|include|log4php|metadata|modules)/+.*.(php|tpl) RedirectMatch 403 (?i)/+emailmandelivery.php RedirectMatch 403 (?i)/+upload RedirectMatch 403 (?i)/+custom/+blowfish RedirectMatch 403 (?i)/+cache/+diagnostic RedirectMatch 403 (?i)/+files.md5$ # END SUGARCRM RESTRICTIONS

Creating SuiteCRM application tables, audit tables and relationship metadata

but if I go to my /SuiteCRM/ webpage. it only tells me

“Sugar CRM 6.5.17 Files May Only Be Used With A Sugar CRM 6.5.17 Database”
where i would expect the login page

It is a new created database, and a new created installation

Have I done something wrong, or is it a error in the install

O yea, I have installed the SuiteCRM-7.1.2 MAX.zip

Hi Radev,

What is the setup of your VPS server? i.e. MySQL/PHP/Server versions. Can you check the sugarcrm.log file within the SuiteCRM directory for any errors?

Thanks,

Will.

Same problem:

http://???/SugarCE/cache/themes/Sugar5/css/deprecated.css?v=CuZawlNQErjPD2Mxo2dgsQ 403 (Forbidden)
and the htaccess file :
RedirectMatch 403 /+(soap|cache|xtemplate|data|examples|include|log4php|metadata|modules)/+.*.(php|tpl)

i wonder, why is going to take the themes from the cache instead of the theme directory?
i guess that the redirect is for security reason to avoid that uploading some file it can be executed to hack the website, so i don’t want to touch it

what’s the solution?

Thank you

P.S. the log file is empty

Solved changing only the permission of the files in the cache/themes directory, and some in the language cache
but still don’t understanding what happened

Everything in Suite is cached for speed even the themes, if you don’t want so much cashing turn on developer mode in the admin settings.