Subpanel calculate value from two fields

Hi,

How to calculate value from two fields in subpanel?

Thanks!

for example:

I have 3 fields in database: field1, field2, field3 and one non-db field4 that i want to calculate

I want see in the subpanel two fields: field1 and field4 calculated in the process_record logic hook as field2 + field3

The problem is, the been that i get in process_record logic hook have value only for field1, and don’t have values for fields field2 and field3

When I add field2 and field3 to list_fields of subpanel_layout, they have values in the logic hook, but if I remove them from list_fields, they haven’t.

So, I need have in list_fields only two fields: field1 and field4, but to calculate field4 also need add field2 and field3, how I can hide the, in subpanel?

Then field2 and field3 I need only in the process_record logic hook been to calculate non db field4

Sorry, about my english.

You need to include those fields as ‘query_only’ in the subpanel definitions.

For example, if the module is Contacts, you would have those definitions in

custom/modules/Contacts/metadata/subpanels/some_name.php

and fields can either be an actual part of the subpanel (showing as columns) or ‘query_only’ meaning you need to use them but not show them.

Here’s a segment of an example file with one field as ‘query_only’:

$subpanel_layout['list_fields'] = array (

'first_name' => 
		array (
                       'name'=>'first_name' 
			'usage' => 'query_only', 
		), 
	'photo' =>
	array (
			'name' => 'photo',
			'vname' => 'LBL_PHOTO',
			'width' => '5%',
			'default' => true,
	),

Also, check out the customCode in this same file, it let’s you easily put together field values.

1 Like
'usage' => 'query_only', 

that is what i need, thanks!

but can u explain, what do u mean?

Sorry, I meant check out the customCode field.

You can see a few examples here, and many more on Google:
https://suitecrm.com/community/forum/developer-help/5050-field-to-add-custom-format-in-edit-view-what-is-the-syntax-for-doing-the-same-in-detail-view

Basically, you put that into the same subpanel file, like

array (
			'name' => 'phone',
			'vname' => 'LBL_PHONE',
			'width' => '5%',
			'default' => true,
                        'customCode' => '{$fields.phone.value} <span style="color:red;font-style:italic;">Format:+6X X XXXX XXXX</span>',
	),

It uses Smarty syntax. I never found a comprehensive documentation of that syntax, as used in SuiteCRM, so I have trouble using customCode in practice… some things work in subpanels, but not in listviews, some work in detail views, etc.

1 Like

Thanks, good example, will check this functional!