Studio code not being updated

Hi

In studio, I have added a one-to-one relationship between Opportunities and Contacts (need to show the contact who gave us the lead/opportunity) and everything seems to be fine except I can’t change the name of the field.

I first tried changing the name of an existing field (Campaigns) and realised that I need to do a repair before the changes are applied. I then made the changes to the Contact field and can see the following entries in custom/modules/Opportunities/language/en_us.lang.php file but the LBL_OPPORTUNITIES_CONTACTS_1_FROM_CONTACTS_TITLE translation is never applied.

<?php
// created: 2015-03-02 22:47:56
$mod_strings = array (
  'TWITTER_USER_C' => 'Twitter User',
  'LBL_CAMPAIGN' => 'Test Campaigns',
  'LBL_OPPORTUNITIES_CONTACTS_1_FROM_CONTACTS_TITLE' => 'Lead Source Contact',
);

Any help would be appreciated
Thanks in advance
Dion

Depends on what system you have, but it seems a permission issue

Set the following permissions on the SuiteCRM directory(Linux):
sudo chown -R www-data:www-data .
sudo chmod -R 755 .
sudo chmod -R 775 cache custom modules themes data upload config_override.php

Best Regards

Thanks for the quick response. Unfortunately your suggestion did not help :frowning: .

I downloaded the latest CE version of Sugar (6.5.20) and did some testing and found the following:

1. SugarCE does not require a “repair & rebuild” to reflect changes when I add a new relationship and alter the name of a label. Suitecrm only show changed when a “repair & rebuild” has been performed. I also compared Suitecrm 7.0.1 and SugarCE 6.5.16 and found the same behaviour.

2. In SugarCE 6.5.20 I am able to successfully change the label for the “Contacts” field that was added by the new relationship but it does not work in SuiteCRM.

I have set all ownership and permissions correctly and even went as far as to “chmod -R 777” the whole directory to ensure complete write access to all files.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Might be worth looking into the files for this one.

I have noticed that sometimes SugarCRM and SuiteCRM can create a new file for the language label but not remove the old one. which means that it updates the label in one file however the system reads this file first then the old file which then overwrites the changed label.

Ian.