Stuck on basic search engine after upgrade to 7.12.6

After upgrading I started getting reports the search was not working properly (shows only one John regardles if there are 50 different John’s). I checked the Search Config and Basic Search was selected, I noted the new elastic search and selected “Basic search + advanced”. Saved and nothing the search did not changed…

I went back in and Basic Search is selected.

Then I installed elastic search, it is working and indexing, selected it and saved, but “basic search” cannot be changed, it shows as selected every time I enter search config.

I checked config.php and there it is selected:
‘defaultEngine’ => ‘BasicSearchEngine’,

Changing there to:
‘defaultEngine’ => ‘Elasticsearch’,
would do the trick?

Thank you

Try it! It might work, and it’s faster than asking here and waiting for an answer.

My only advice is to also keep an eye on config_override.php where there might be a similar settings, and if there is, it will prevail.

I tried but search stopped working and I got a message saying the search engine was not found.

It´s there a way to change the selected search engine other thatn the drop down list?

thanks

I don’t know, I am a bit lost at what is happening in your system.

Did you check the Documentation on Elastic search for SuiteCRM? Maybe there is something else you need to enable somewhere

Actually the problem was not being able to change from basic search to advanced search I enabled elastic search as a work aournd of changing basic saerch.

Screen Shot 2022-07-27 at 19.20.53

If I try an indexation it runs and if I search on CLI I got results:

Contacts

• Cont. R******
  • Ing. S*******
  • Mar*****
  • Ra******
  • Dr. J*******
  • Zu*******
  • Lic. N*********
  • Q.F.***********
  • Fer****

Calls

• LLAMADA DE OFRECIMIENTO

Cases

• SOLICITUD DE COTIZACIÓN

Elasticsearch is working what I cannot change is the selection of the search engine being used.

If you have a look in this file

https://github.com/salesagility/SuiteCRM/blob/master/modules/Administration/Search/Controller.php

it seems that this attempt was not correct:

Maybe leave it as “BasicSearchEngine” but then add a key

config['aod']['enable_aod'] = true;

I am just guessing, I don’t know if this will work.

tried but it gave me a 500 error

thanks