Some emails from a group inbound mail account not importing automatically

Hi,

I’m on suiteCRM 7.11.10
with MariaDB 10.1.44
php 7.2.24
and apache 2.4.29
on an ubuntu server 18.04

I set up a group inbound email account and checked “Import Emails Automatically” and “Create case from email”.

I created the cron job under the www-data user which is the user apache is running under.

For the last 3 months, emails are imported and cases created except once in a while, some email is never imported.

I have detailed logs (with debug information) for a day when it happens.
The problem is I can’t even find a line related to this specific email in these logs (I searched for the mail sender, for the received/sent hour , … with no luck)

Running php -f cron.php manually as the www-data user doesn’t help either.

The next steps :

• I will ask our client to import the email manually to check the according logs and see if it works or not.
  • I also found that SuiteCRM keeps trying to import an email already imported, I will ask our client to delete it from their IMAP server

But I don’t know where to look for any further. If anyone has any idea, please let me know

Manually importing the mail works

It just looks like the job that’s checking the inbound emails does not see it.

I’ll continue investigating this

SuiteCRM just does not import mails which are marked as “read” in the imap mailbox.

see : [Answered]Question - Does SuiteCRM automatically import emails already marked as read in the imap mailbox? (it's yes)