Setting up cron jobs for GoDaddy Shared Hosting. SuiteCRM Inbound Emails will not work on Godaddy Shared Hosting

Alright guys, I am still new to these forums so if I miss something or make a mistake please let me know. I’ve been having 2 problems with SuiteCRM.

1. Can’t get inbound emails to work despite my settings being tested successfully
  2. Couldn’t get POP3 for Inbound Emails to work

I have the solutions to both below:

1. How to enable POP3 for SuiteCRM on Godaddy Shared Hosting. Added the line below to the config_override.php file and it will give you the option to choose POP3 instead of just IMAP.
    $sugar_config[‘allow_pop_inbound’] = true;

2. Alright now let’s get the Scheduler to work by configuring the cron jobs for SuiteCRM on the Godaddy Shared Hosting. First, go to your instance of SuiteCRM then go to Admin > Scheduler and you will see the cron line of code which will look something like this:

The parts in red will be according to your install:
cd /home/[color=#880000]here-will-be-different[/color]/public_html/[color=#880000]here-will-be-different[/color]/[color=#880000]is-going-tobe-different[/color]; php -f cron.php > /dev/null 2>&1

First thing I had to do was remove the ‘cd’ and then I had to remove the “; php -f” Be sure to remove that semicolon too.
Then I had to replace put a forward slash where the semicolon was and add the cron.php to it which made it look like below:

/home/[color=#880000]here-will-be-different[/color]/public_html/[color=#880000]here-will-be-different[/color]/[color=#880000]is-going-tobe-different[/color]/cron.php

Then go to your Godaddy cPanel and add the Godaddy cron code and then your code. It should look something like it does below:

/usr/local/bin/php -q /home/[color=#880000]here-will-be-different[/color]/public_html/[color=#880000]here-will-be-different[/color]/[color=#880000]is-going-tobe-different[/color]/cron.php > /dev/null 2>&1

Just edit that code by replacing the red and boldsections and paste it in the ‘Command’ box in your Godaddy cpanel and save it. It should take less than a minute to start working if it was done correctly.

Recommend: I would recommend only configuring a new email account and send just a few emails to it as it will import EVERY email from that inbox. I had to delete over 535 emails at 1am so hope this helps.

P.S. Admins, please feel free to edit/polish this.

Hi James,

Thank you for your contribution, and I’m sure this will help others with similar hosting set ups.

Regards,

Will.

Good to know!

Should the config line be :

$sugar_config['allow_pop_inbound'] = true;

tdipaolo,

Yes you are correct. $sugar_config[‘allow_pop_inbound’] = true;

If you get “no optimums” with SSL on, then more than likely your credentials are incorrect but there are the cases (older versions) where you will have to go into the db to turn on SSL

Where we have to replace the below mentioned line:

/home/here-will-be-different/public_html/here-will-be-different/is-going-tobe-different/cron.php

Please, share the exact path.

I cant receive any inbound mails.