Setting one user outbound settings overrides other

i have seen this issue before where setting one users email smtp for outbound, it overrides the other users existing password and their settings become invalid? can someone update on whether this issue had a hotfix (and share a link to that) and any merger with core?

If you take a look at this post:

that’s how I wish we could move some of these things forward.

For example, in your case, a complete “steps to reproduce” would definitely be quite valuable.

Steps to reproduce :
Using a non admin user, while the system settings are working with test email sent and checkbox for "allow users to send as themselves " is also checked .
Setting users Inbound and Outbound email accounts via Profile -> Settings -> Mail Accounts and then adding both inbound and outbound within same screen . Test connections work for both IB and OB and test email is sent.

Going back to login as another user and following the same process to setup their email accounts. Once they are done, i log in back as the First users and now their Account password does not work and the test email button displays following error.

3: Connection: opening to ssl://server.mydomain.com:465, timeout=300, options=array()
3: Connection: opened
2: SERVER -> CLIENT: 220 server.mydomain.com ESMTP Postfix (Debian/GNU)

1: CLIENT -> SERVER: EHLO crm.mydomain.com

2: SERVER -> CLIENT: 250-server.mydomain.com
250-PIPELINING
250-SIZE 104857600
250-ETRN
250-AUTH DIGEST-MD5 CRAM-MD5 PLAIN LOGIN
250-XFORWARD NAME ADDR PROTO HELO SOURCE PORT IDENT
250-ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES
250-8BITMIME
250-DSN
250 CHUNKING

1: CLIENT -> SERVER: AUTH CRAM-MD5

2: SERVER -> CLIENT: 334 PDI0NTEzNjEwMjUuODg2NTI3NUBzZXJ2ZXIwOC5ob3N0ZmFjdG9yeS5jaD4=

1: CLIENT -> SERVER: ---obfuscated---
2: SERVER -> CLIENT: 535 5.7.8 Error: authentication failed: authentication failure

1: SMTP ERROR: Username command failed: 535 5.7.8 Error: authentication failed: authentication failure

3: SMTP Error: Could not authenticate.
1: CLIENT -> SERVER: QUIT

2: SERVER -> CLIENT: 221 2.0.0 Bye

3: Connection: closed
3: SMTP Error: Could not authenticate.