Sending Survey to adhoc contacts

I wanted to send survery to customer once they have contract in place. I know we can create a campaign, add target list , tag a survey and it will send it to target list. But if i want it like a daily process (and not one time), where it only sends to newly created contacts on previous day, what will be best way to do that?

One way is to send survey link in a email, but i also wanted to ensure that response is tagged to the contact in SuiteCRM properly. Any pointers will be helpful.

I don’t know much about the Surveys module, haven’t had a chance to use it yet. But I believe if you keep your campaign constant and just edit the targets inside the Target List that the Campaign uses, you can re-send the campaign multiple times (with a different marketing email name)

So you could focus on just putting the right name (or names) into the Target List, and quickly resend the campaign without changing much in the campaign itself.

I just asked the developer of that module and he said the above should work.

He also added a more technical note, if you want you can also try sending a regular email with the survey link but with a trailing “&contact=”
This is a little fiddly as you’d need to copy the contacts id but it will mean that any responses using that link are correctly linked to the contact.

You should have a variable in the Email templates that gives you the contact’s id, so in theory you can make up that URL in a simple, straightforward to use, email template. But it’s never been tried, so tell us how it goes! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you, I will try and let you know how it goes. Appreciate your pointer :-)!

This will work for sure. You may need to send an email via logic hook by custom parsing contact id.