Select "one of" in Workflow

I have a dropdown select field which works fine for the records, however I’m trying to run a workflow on multiple status’s in the drop down. I select as a condition in the workflow Field = one of = about 30 status’s. Which selects them all in the browser without issue, but when I go to save the workflow, it only selects the first 10 or so in the list.

I think it’s a bug. Does anyone else have a dropdown with lots of list items that they could test out for me? Just to confirm it’s not just me.

Could be the DB field that stores this data is limited by the characters. (My guess).

Just create a workflow where the condition is like 20+ list items in the dropdown and see if it saves them all.

I’m not sure if this is the problem, but have a look at increasing this in your php.ini

max_input_vars = 1000

remember to restart web server

1 Like

This is a Limitation from the DB Field type “value” in the Table aow_conditions which is set to be of 255 charters long. This should Change to Either Text or Something more relevant. You can not have more than 255 Characters in the Condition VALUE.

That would be a nice Issue to open in Github, and perhaps even a PR to change that…

Ok @pgr. I’ll take care of that.

Here’s a link to the bug report in Github.

1 Like

@pstevens

In the meantime you can use this workaround:

https://suitecrm.com/suitecrm/forum/feedback/27059-increment-number-of-characters#88364

Thanks,

AlxGr

1 Like