security management in suitcrm

Hello all,
I am about to setting up the security group management in my development system.,…

got this link below

http://www.simbanic.com/blog/security-suite-group-management-use-case-for-sugarcrm-ce-and-suitecrm-keep-records-access-only-to-assignee-of-record-but-allow-sales-managers-to-view-their-group-members-record/

can any one help me out with the user manual for
Security Groups Management in SuiteCRM

thanks
Naren

Hi Naren,

Visit https://www.sugaroutfitters.com/addons/securitysuite for full information on the Security Groups Management.

Thanks,

Will.

Hi Will,

Thanks for responding to my post, I was gone through that documentation did same thing. it works perfect as I expected in leads and calls module.
But got an issue with custom module.

My hierarchy is Manager(top)->Team lead(middile)->Team members(low level)

In custom module Team lead can see only his records, instead of see his records and his team members (its not ok)
and Team members can see his records and Manager is able to see all his and his tl’s and his team members records(its ok)

can you help me out how to fix this…(BTW my version 7.17)

Thanks
Naren.

Hi Will

I did like this below, plz correct me if anything.

In my fresh installation as part of testing,

1. I crated two groups, under each group assigned/select one Team lead and one Team member.
  2. I created three roles, Owner, Group and Everything. Under Everything set permissions as all and assign Manager(user), Under Group role set permissions as group and assign Team lead(user), finally Under Owner role set permissions to owner, and assign/select this to two groups,
  3. I created three leads assigned one for manager, one for TL and one for team member…
    when login as manager he is able to see all three leads, when login as tl, tl is able to see his lead and his team member lead finally when login as team member he is able to see only his(team member) lead
    till now everything works perfect.
  4. But in custom module created three records and assigned one for manager, one for TL and one for team member, when login as manager he is able to see all three records in list view, when login as team member he is able to see only his(team member) record, when login as TL, TLis able to see only his(TL) record, TL is not able to see his team members records.

I was tested this on SuiteCRM 7.2.3 max, I hope i was clearly explained

pls suggest me

thanks
Naren

Hi Will,

I did like this below, plz correct me if anything.
In my fresh installation as part of testing,

1. I crated two groups, under each group assigned/select one Team lead and one Team member.
  2. I created three roles, Owner, Group and Everything. Under Everything set permissions as all and assign Manager(user), Under Group role set permissions as group and assign Team lead(user), finally Under Owner role set permissions to owner, and assign/select this to two groups,
  3. I created three leads assigned one for manager, one for TL and one for team member…
    when login as manager he is able to see all three leads, when login as tl, tl is able to see his lead and his team member lead finally when login as team member he is able to see only his(team member) lead
    till now everything works perfect.
  4. But in accounts module created three records and assigned one for manager, one for TL and one for team member, when login as manager he is able to see all three records in list view, when login as team member he is able to see only his(team member) record, when login as TL, TLis able to see only his(TL) record, TL is not able to see his team members records.
  5. And in Custom module the created three records assigned to each one, every one is able to see others records…
    I added relationship many to many from security grp mangent to custom module…
    and repair and rebuild…

I found that SGM is not works for accounts. it works with lead and there is no effect on custom modules

I was tested this on SuiteCRM 7.2.3 max, I hope i was clearly explained

pls help with this

thanks
Naren.