That looks like the Apache access log, not the PHP errors log.
Anyway, permissions problems are worth investigating. You need to look (and set) ownerships also - Linux permissions (like 755 etc) don’t mean anything without the associated ownership.
This, in turn, needs to be confronted with the user name that is trying to access the file (in this case, which user name your web server process is running under).
Thank you. I have sent a message to support asking for the PHP error log to see if we have anything else in there.
Also this has appeared:
2020-06-17 14:36:02 UTC [apache][autoindex:error] [pid 35385] [client 188.8.131.52:56260] AH01276: Cannot serve directory /home/u147-faee9v5gdrt9/www/9659.co.uk/public_html/: No matching DirectoryIndex (index.html,Index.html,index.shtml,index.php,Index.php,index.phtml,Index.phtml,index.htm,Index.htm,home.htm,Home.htm,default.htm,Default.htm,default.html,Default.html) found, and server-generated directory index forbidden by Options directive
2020-06-17 14:36:02 UTC [apache][core:info] [pid 38009] [client 184.108.40.206:56340] AH00128: File does not exist: /home/u147-faee9v5gdrt9/www/9659.co.uk/public_html/favicon.ico, referer: https://9659.co.uk/
Means nothing to me at all! Help.
It seems something in your system is still looking for stuff in the web root, instead of in that subdirectory
I am running out of ideas. There is an option in Admin / Repairs to rebuild the htaccess file. I don’t know if that helps…
Well I have given up with Siteground. They are automatically changing file permissions in the background for some peculiar reason. I have moved away to Krystal.co.uk for much cheaper hosting and set up a suitecrm system there. It works! No issues yet. I have transferred my customisations across and moved the database as well. All fine.