Resetting password not working

Hello All,

Just to simplify my error, when I try to reset users’ passwords, I got a pop-up message with “undefined” and nothing happens.

Could someone give a hand on this issue?

I have updated the system to 7.4.3 recently, but not sure if this was what caused the e-mail stopping.

Best Regards,

Hi,

After upgrading, Run a Quick Repair & Rebuild in the Admin > Repair Menu
On the screen that appears, scroll down. If any changes appear with an “Execute” button, perform the “Execute”
Repeat this until there is nothing to “Execute”

Then, it is a good idea to reset your permissions of your instance. We recommend the following:

sudo chown -R <user>:<group> .
sudo chmod -R 755 .
sudo chmod -R 775 cache custom modules themes data upload config_override.php

Replace and with the values of your Apache user and their group
i.e: Ubuntu will usually use www-data:www-data, as www-data is commonly the Apache user’s name and group
and centOS usually will use apache:apache, because apache is commonly the Apache user’s name and group

Does this change anything?

1 Like

I have everything working (except this issue) for user and group as “administrator” , to be honest I am afraid of changing all this permissions and the system stops working.

if I change it to “www-data:www-data” do you think I will have other problems? the Quick Repair & Rebuild was done successfully, but it did not work.

is there a way I can check if the apache user and group is also the Administrator user?

Thank you John!

This is the user for apache right now! should I still change the permission as you had suggest?