Quote Subtotal 100x Larger - Line Items Calculations Wrong

As the story continues I have the quote system now working and have now pushed onto the line items part of my adventure.

I have just added a couple of items to a quote and have just noticed the subtotal is way off. see picture.

You will see the math is 100x greater.

I double-checked my quantitiesā€¦ hmm. I will dig deeperā€¦ I think I have to dig into the

modules/AOS_Products_Quotes/line_items.js

I will find it and hopefully report backā€¦ maybe it is on my end. hmm. :thinking:

I was able to adjust the values and have them workā€¦
And then Not work all by just changing the quantities back and forthā€¦ I am poking into the javascript and seeing what could be the issue.

afte timeā€¦

I do see that the javascript that loads the detail view up is pulling a decimal value from the dom that is a float ie: 1.000000 value vs a quanity that should be a integer ie: ā€œ1ā€

Lines 776 /modules/AOS_Products_Quotes/line_items.js
if (input[j].id.indexOf(ā€˜product_qtyā€™) != -1) {
qty = unformat2Number(input[j].value);

I am going to dig deeper and see what I can find. :slight_smile:

Make sure youā€™re using the latest version, I remember seeing this bug before and I think itā€™s fixed, but I might be wrong.

I think itā€™s related to number formats - dots versus commas to specify fractional parts.

Maybe you can try some variations in formats, both from the user profile and from locale settings in php.ini (Iā€™m not sure that is even a thing, just hinting)

Installed Version:

Version 7.11.15
Sugar Version 6.5.25 (Build 344)

still checking this quantity issueā€¦ going to see if I can force it to an integer on the web page generation side of things. So when the quantity value is then pulled from the dom it is an integer, not a fractional value that has to get converted to a string and then an integerā€¦ ouch. I think this is the issueā€¦ hmm. I think I am in the right local.

I do wonder why the ā€œQuotesā€ has a British pound iconā€¦ like wow.

I have seen posts about this Pound issueā€¦ I will fix that when I have timeā€¦ :slight_smile:

Time passesā€¦

I was able to track down where this issue / bug was pinpointed by other developersā€¦

//Bug #598   --- Line 222 - modules/AOS_Products_Quotes/Line_Items.php
//The original approach to trimming the characters was rtrim(rtrim(format_number($line_item->product_qty), '0'),$sep[1])
//This however had the unwanted side-effect of turning 1000 (or 10 or 100) into 1 when the Currency Significant Digits
//field was 0.
//The approach below will strip off the fractional part if it is only zeroes (and in this case the decimal separator
//will also be stripped off) The custom decimal separator is passed in to the function from the locale settings

I am still going to try to force this product_qty into a integer value right from the start. I could be walking up a mountain though.

Time passesā€¦
I think I just finished climbing the mountainā€¦

Seems the product_qty is now an integer. whoo hoo!! quotes will not be laughed at by customers seeing crazy prices.

Took some editingā€¦ but I think things are working satisfactorily at this time. see picsā€¦

This could be fixed. At least so farā€¦ still testingā€¦

Some icing on the cake. Seems updating the defaults is a mysterious act to get the defaults saved. forcing them via the custom filesā€¦

//Manually Added Defaults to this file /custom/modules/AOS_Products_Quotes/Ext/Vardefs/vardefs.ext.php
$dictionary['AOS_Products_Quotes']['fields']['product_qty']['default']='1';
$dictionary['AOS_Products_Quotes']['fields']['product_qty']['min']=1;
$dictionary['AOS_Products_Quotes']['fields']['product_qty']['max']=9999;

btw the file that I was able to modify for the datatype change in the above image for the Decimal to Integer is at:

modules/Contacts/metadata/listviewdefs.php

Whoo hoo!!
:thinking:

1 Like

Nice detective work!

I think that your changes in
/custom/modules/AOS_Products_Quotes/Ext/Vardefs/vardefs.ext.php
will get overwritten in your next QR&R.

You need to make those changes in
custom/Extension/modules/AOS_Products_Quotes/Ext/Vardefs/anyFileName.php
and then the QR&R will move them into that file you edited. But if you do it this way it sticks.

Full docs about this here:

ohh that is very sweet. I think I would get further if I rtfm :slight_smile:

1 Like