Progressive web app?

Hey guys,

I’ve come across something interesting that I’d like to try.

It arises from my need for employees to fill out certain forms in the CRM while offline (I’m self-hosted). So I was wondering if it would be possible to employ a service worker for site caching by building a progressive web app? I’m envisioning an “Add to Home screen” button that users can add while online to gain access to CRM content offline.

What are your thoughts on this feature and is there an easier way to serve offline content that uploads when the device re-connects?

Hi,

That’s an interesting thought. Please update us on the developments. Thanks

There is an angular based SuiteCRM v8 with alpha III SuiteCRM 8 - Q & A. You might try that route cause it would be easier to make an angular app progressive. But I am not sure whether they have plans to make it installable though. There is a lot of design problems you need to tackle if you are planning to make editable records progressive, like what if two users edited the same record differently offline

1 Like

You guys know there are several quite good mobile apps for SuiteCRM right? I recommend QuickCRM, I don’t have experience with the others.

Even the free version is quite feature rich.

1 Like

Yes I’ve seen some of the mobile apps but the free version doesn’t allow me to use my custom module so I thought it would be a fun project to try and make a PWA :smiley:

1 Like