Problem with mod_security

Hello,

I’m not sure if this a bug or I’m doing something wrong. I have 2 sites with SuiteCRM installed (one is 7.1.5 and the other is 7.2.2). Both have been working well on my new host for almost 2 weeks but today both sites gave me an error about no permission to access index.php (forbidden) so I contacted my host and he said that mod_security module has blocked access to index.php and gave this from their log:

Request: POST /index.php
Action Description: Access denied with code 403 (phase 2).
Justification: Pattern match "(?i:\\b(?:t(?:able_name\\b|extpos[^a-zA-Z0-9_]{1,}\\()|(?:a(?:ll_objects|tt(?:rel|typ)id)|column_(?:id|name)|mb_users|object_(?:id|(?:nam|typ)e)|pg_(?:attribute|class)|rownum|s(?:ubstr(?:ing){0,1}|ys(?:c(?:at|o(?:lumn|nstraint)s)|dba|ibm|(?:filegroup|o ..." at ARGS_NAMES:user_password.

Request: GET /
Action Description: Warning.
Justification: Operator GE matched 4 at TX:outgoing_points.

They turned off mod_security and the site is back online but they recommended that I take care of this problem and turn then turn mod_security back on. I’m not sure what I should do. Can you give me some advice?

Have you set permissions appropriately? We can’t assist with hosting issues so would need more information from the host on this.