Prevent save (udpate and create) record under specific condition

Hello to everyone,
I need to prevent save of a record (in create or in edit mode) under specific condition:
I create before_save hook. In the body of the function, I made a db query to check the condition and if the condition is satisfy, prevent the save action and redirect to a URL.
Now, I have this problem: If we are in update mode, if I redirect to a EditView for the same $bean->id I lost the new informations that save operation must override.
If we are in create mode, and redirect to EditView, I reach a page to create a new record with all fields unfill.
How can I mantain the changes without loose all informations that user filled?

Thank you so much for the help,
B.

The better strategy is to inject a validation task at the button save, which should be triggered before saving the own data.

Regards

Thank you for your reply.
How can I inject validation task at the button save?
Have you a sample code to do this?

Thank you.
B.

Example of Injecting code into Edit view for validation (any good?)
suitecrm.com/suitecrm/forum/developer-help/6921-viewedit-validation

Example of Injecting code into Edit view for validation (good, and with video)
suitecrm.com/suitecrm/forum/developer-help/4160-re-perform-validation-onsubmit#85923

I keep my list of samples publicly here, in the hope that someday people will start writing technical blog posts in our Documentation site:

1 Like

Goodmorning,
I have opted for a solution that I found in internet. (the example is for sugarcrm, but I tried it and works for suitecrm too).
Here a link of the example.
I hope that this helps other.

B

1 Like

Nice!

I have added that link to my list of tricks/tutorials.

1 Like

Wonderful! I’m very happy than sometimes I can help others with my expirience :slight_smile:

B.

I’d definitely like to have this on the backend, without needing to implement it in JS.

1 Like