One module field to another so complicated

Hi I am new to Suite CRM, Basically our flow:

Accounts > Opportunities > Quotes

without having to copy any company details.

I have been CSV importing from Microsoft Access to SuiteCRM. It’s been lucky where I can match company ID and opportunity ID. Then, I just realize the companies link stop at the opportunities. There is no relation between opportunities to quote. There is no company ID - opportunity ID - Quote ID relationship. There is no way to relate Quote ID to company ID? Companies details must be refilled again on the Quotation module.

I was like wtf?

Can someone please help? I tried workflow and google this but it still doesn’t work.

Not everybody wants the same thing regarding these relationships…

See this thread for a VERY similar request:

https://suitecrm.com/suitecrm/forum/feedback/20245-feature-request-creating-opportunity-from-quote-should-include-contact

I provided a code example there:

https://github.com/salesagility/SuiteCRM/compare/master...pgorod:patch-2

You can try to replicate something similar for accounts. Note that that is triggering when “creating opportunity” from quotes module. You might need something different.

Thanks for the reply. I am actually a bit confused now.

Say if I go to opportunities, then collapse the quote module under it, then click create. I can create quote that already has opportunities detail and the related companies details.

Before doing any change on the code, how do I do this with CSV import only? Am I missing a field that can link quotes to their respective opportunities and the company details related to the respective opportunities?

-No more edits after few minutes I guess-

Thanks for the reply. I am actually a bit confused now.

Say if I go to opportunities, then collapse the quote module under it, then click create. I can create quote that already has opportunities detail and the related companies details.

So the SuiteCRM is already correct.

Just not quite working during CSV import:
Before doing any change on the code, how do I do this with CSV import only? Am I missing a field that can link quotes to their respective opportunities and the company details related to the respective opportunities?

I notice the relationship between opportunities and company details is many to many. I added custom relationship many to many between quote and company. But, company ID is still not showing up when I try to do CSV import.

What am I missing?

Found a trick:

Make company name unique so that I can import quote with respective Company Name (account name)

What drives me nut though:

Whatever relationship I am playing with: one to many, one to one, many to many, from module to another module. These custom relationship doesn’t pop out the field from the module I just related it to.

Say Accounts > Project

No matter what the relationship is, account ID field will not come out in Project, Create Project Page, etc.

How do I make field from another module (X) to come out as a fill-able field and therefore importable on another module (Y) edit page?

One to many relationship is working, it brings up the ID in the related module. However, many to many doesn’t work. What am I missing for many to many?

I can’t look into this right now, in detail.

But Imports are not enabled to handle relationships, per se. Sometimes they allow something, for example, recognizing an Account name and if it exists in the database, the relationship is created. But this does not happen always, it depends on the module you’re in. Note that internally, not all these relatinships are handled in the same way, so it isn’t always possible to do things simply.

When you want to do complex imports you should be working with a PHP import script, using Beans. Or you could do some things from the database via phpMyAdmin.

Navigating the database Schema might help. I recommend the table view, where you can scroll down and see the diagram of tables connected to that table, like this:
https://schema–suitedocs.netlify.com/schema/tables/accounts.html