New SuiteCRM installation using existing database

Hi @paulmitchell507,

The configuration for the menubar is saved in

custom/include/tabConfig.php

And configurable under Admin / “Configure Module Menu Filters”

Best is to copy the complete custom folder to your test system.

Also keep into consideration that some information related to the profile is saved to the user table.

@jansiero I don’t know why my original copy command failed to include the full contents of the custom directory. Using an alternative command included all the files and everything appears to be working!
@BrozTechnologies I assume this information would be included in the mySQL import?

Hi,

Profile information is indeed saved in the user table and would therefore be included in the SQL Import.

The menu bar however, is not saved in the user profiles, but in the file I mentioned in the earlier post.

@jansiero I think the only outstanding task will be to re-import the SQL when we perform the live migration. The test server currently has a copy of the db, the db is called suitecrm, the same name as the live copy. If I repeat the SQL import will it overwrite the existing db or do I need to delete the test db before importing, do you know?

Hi @paulmitchell507,

you can check the dump.sql file. Depending on the parameters you used, it would contain a drop table before every create table.

Nontheless it is good practice to re-create the database before importing with these SQL commands:
drop database suitecrm;
create database suitecrm;

@jansiero with your help, the migration was successful and the database is working as expected. The only reported issue is users are unable to add fields to existing or new reports? Is this a expected problem?
As you know, we copied all the existing config files to the new server.