MyDocuments Folders Showing Up Randomly

I really don’t know that this is in anyway related to SuiteCRM Outlook Plugin… but I haven’t had any luck with generic web searches so I’m grasping at straws.

Some users, sometimes, get a new folder called “mydocuments” created in the source folder when attaching items to emails in Outlook.

So what I mean is, they start a new email, then they click the “Attachment” icon under “Insert” and attach something. Then a new folder shows up in the folder the attachment came from called “MyDocuments” (with no space). The folder is empty.

We are running on a windows active directory domain and typically the source folder is a folder on our Synology Network Attached Storage (I also posted my problem on Synology’s forum).

Has anyone else seen this or have any ideas?

thanks,
sieberta

I have confirmed that this is an issue with the SuiteCRM plugin. This folder, and several subfolders, are created when sending email (at least email with attachments). The subfolders are all cleaned up after the email is sent but sometimes the MyDocuments folder is not.

Please add it to the bug list.

I just wanted to chime in that I’ve also noticed this problem on most of our Windows 7 systems, so I don’t think this is specific to the Outlook Plugin for SuiteCRM. It may be though, but I just didn’t want them chasing their tails on an issue that may not be related to their product. This has been happening for about a year now all almost all the systems I run - trust me, I’ve double-checked each system to ensure there isn’t a virus.

I still haven’t been able to pin-point what’s causing it, but I occasionally see that MyDocuments folder and I delete it.

kagbasi,

I don’t know how you can say that. I have log messages from my NAS showing the folder created, populated with several subfolders that include references to SuiteCRM, and then the contents are deleted and the MyDocuments folder is left behind (somtimes). I don’t see how this couldn’t be an issue with the SuiteCRM plugin. I’ll admit, it could be an Outlook problem, but an Outlook problem that, in my case, will go away if the SuiteCRM plugin is removed.

Also, based on my internet research, this is not a widespread problem (exactly 0 helpful search results on Google after trying to search in probably 40 different ways). And it just so happens that you and I are both SuiteCRM users and have this problem??? Find me a reference to a user complaining about this issue on the internet who doesn’t have SuiteCRM… and I’ll be much more convinced.

sieberta

Here is the error log (not necessarily in chronological order). I deleted the log files already because when I have file access logging turned on it fills up fast. All of the email notifications came in at the same time, so I don’t know chronological order.

Event: create, Path: /projects/<PRIVATEINFORMATIONREMOVED>/MyDocuments, File/Folder: Folder, Size: NA, User: <PRIVATEINFORMATIONREMOVED>, IP: 10.0.0.235
Event: create, Path: /projects/<PRIVATEINFORMATIONREMOVED>/MyDocuments/SuiteCRMTempAttachmentPath, File/Folder: Folder, Size: NA, User: <PRIVATEINFORMATIONREMOVED>, IP: 10.0.0.235
Event: create, Path: /projects/<PRIVATEINFORMATIONREMOVED>/MyDocuments/SuiteCRMTempAttachmentPath/<PRIVATEINFORMATIONREMOVED>.pdf, File/Folder: File, Size: 0 Bytes, User: <PRIVATEINFORMATIONREMOVED>, IP: 10.0.0.235
Event: write, Path: /projects/<PRIVATEINFORMATIONREMOVED>/MyDocuments/SuiteCRMTempAttachmentPath/4390EE7E.tmp, File/Folder: File, Size: 102.31 KB, User: <PRIVATEINFORMATIONREMOVED>, IP: 10.0.0.235
Event: create, Path: /projects/<PRIVATEINFORMATIONREMOVED>/MyDocuments/SuiteCRMTempAttachmentPath/4390EE7E.tmp, File/Folder: File, Size: 0 Bytes, User: <PRIVATEINFORMATIONREMOVED>, IP: 10.0.0.235
Event: read, Path: /projects/<PRIVATEINFORMATIONREMOVED>/MyDocuments/SuiteCRMTempAttachmentPath/4390EE7E.tmp, File/Folder: File, Size: 102.31 KB, User: <PRIVATEINFORMATIONREMOVED>, IP: 10.0.0.235
Event: create, Path: /projects/<PRIVATEINFORMATIONREMOVED>/MyDocuments/SuiteCRMTempAttachmentPath/4390EE7E.tmp, File/Folder: File, Size: 0 Bytes, User: <PRIVATEINFORMATIONREMOVED>, IP: 10.0.0.235
Event: read, Path: /projects/<PRIVATEINFORMATIONREMOVED>/MyDocuments/SuiteCRMTempAttachmentPath/4390EE7E.tmp, File/Folder: File, Size: 102.31 KB, User: <PRIVATEINFORMATIONREMOVED>, IP: 10.0.0.235
Event: move, Path: /projects/<PRIVATEINFORMATIONREMOVED>/MyDocuments/SuiteCRMTempAttachmentPath/77B05067.tmp -> /projects/#recycle/<PRIVATEINFORMATIONREMOVED>/MyDocuments/SuiteCRMTempAttachmentPath/77B05067.tmp, File/Folder: File, Size: 0 Bytes, User: <PRIVATEINFORMATIONREMOVED>, IP: 10.0.0.235
ent: rename, Path: /projects/<PRIVATEINFORMATIONREMOVED>/MyDocuments/SuiteCRMTempAttachmentPath/<PRIVATEINFORMATIONREMOVED>.pdf -> /projects/<PRIVATEINFORMATIONREMOVED>/MyDocuments/SuiteCRMTempAttachmentPath/77B05067.tmp, File/Folder: File, Size: 0 Bytes, User: <PRIVATEINFORMATIONREMOVED>, IP: 10.0.0.235
Event: rename, Path: /projects/<PRIVATEINFORMATIONREMOVED>/MyDocuments/SuiteCRMTempAttachmentPath/4390EE7E.tmp -> /projects/<PRIVATEINFORMATIONREMOVED>/MyDocuments/SuiteCRMTempAttachmentPath/<PRIVATEINFORMATIONREMOVED>.pdf, File/Folder: File, Size: 102.31 KB, User: <PRIVATEINFORMATIONREMOVED>, IP: 10.0.0.235
Event: read, Path: /projects/<PRIVATEINFORMATIONREMOVED>/MyDocuments/SuiteCRMTempAttachmentPath/<PRIVATEINFORMATIONREMOVED>.pdf, File/Folder: File, Size: 102.31 KB, User: <PRIVATEINFORMATIONREMOVED>, IP: 10.0.0.235
Event: read, Path: /projects/<PRIVATEINFORMATIONREMOVED>/MyDocuments/SuiteCRMTempAttachmentPath/<PRIVATEINFORMATIONREMOVED>.pdf, File/Folder: File, Size: 102.31 KB, User: <PRIVATEINFORMATIONREMOVED>, IP: 10.0.0.235
Event: move, Path: /projects/<PRIVATEINFORMATIONREMOVED>/MyDocuments/SuiteCRMTempAttachmentPath/<PRIVATEINFORMATIONREMOVED>.pdf -> /projects/#recycle/<PRIVATEINFORMATIONREMOVED>/MyDocuments/SuiteCRMTempAttachmentPath/<PRIVATEINFORMATIONREMOVED>.pdf, File/Folder: File, Size: 102.31 KB, User: <PRIVATEINFORMATIONREMOVED>, IP: 10.0.0.235
Event: delete, Path: /projects/<PRIVATEINFORMATIONREMOVED>/MyDocuments/SuiteCRMTempAttachmentPath, File/Folder: Folder, Size: NA, User: <PRIVATEINFORMATIONREMOVED>, IP: 10.0.0.235

Additional Information:

Suite CRM Version: 7.1.2
Sugar Version: 6.5.17 (Build 1220)
Outlook Plugin: Build 2077 (I realize this isn’t the latest version, and as such the problem may already be resolved)
Outlook Version: 2010

Active Directory Environment utilizing Office 365 for Exchange Online.
The folder has only been recorded as being left of network drives, to date, and more common for users typically connected over VPN (i.e. slow connection)