Multiple owner

Hi Everyone,

I am quite new to SuiteCrm and hope that my question is not to stupid. :slight_smile:
Is it possible to have two owner of a lead?
Example:
User A owns lead X, Y, Z. He can only see and edit the leads he owns.
There is the filed “Assigned to:” on the edit page.
In that field I only can add one user but I would like to have that I can say that also user B can edit and see this lead.

Is that possible?

Thx
Cheers,
Pirmin

Hi Pow,

Assigned to does not limit the access to record it is merely who the record is assigned to.

Roles/security groups will restrict access.

Thanks
Lewis

Hi Lewis,

I got roles and I have set in the roles that only the owner can see and edit the lead.
This means, as soon as i assign the lead to an other user the user A cant edit the lead anymore.
I can’t make one role and allow all users editing any lead since not every user is allowed to edit every lead.

Is there any role /security group combination that would fix that?

Again may problem:
User A: owns lead Y,Z,X and he is the only one allowed to edit it.
Now I want the possibility for user A to say that user B can edit Y, but only Y.
After this A and B can edit lead Y.

thx
Pirmin

Hi Pow,

You could, remove the restriction on leads that only the owner can edit, set up two roles one that is allowed to edit leads and one that is not allowed to edit leads, assign these roles to two security groups. Then assign all the users who can edit leads to one group and users who can’t to the other.

I think this is as close to your senario as you can get without doing code customisations.

Thanks
Lewis

Hi Pirmin

What you have described can only be done (using SuiteCRM) by actual business process rules and trust within your organisation. There are audit tables (in this case leads_audit) so you can confirm who made a particular change if there is a dispute.

Every member of a team who should be able to perform a business Role within the CRM should be a member of the same security group (team). The role that they are assigned to should then have group access to view and update Leads.

So, for example, sales persons (Sales Role) in your Region A sales area (Region A security group) can all see each others work (and hence cover for absences etc) but they still “own” what is assigned to them.

Hope this helps a bit.

Bruce

Hi everyone,

Is there a new solution for this problem?

Thanks

Hello, pgr.

Thank you very much for your quick response.

The casuistry is similar to the one that started in the thread, that is:

User A owns lead X, Y, Z. He can only see and edit the leads he owns.
There is the filed “Assigned to:” on the edit page.
In that field I only can add one user but I would like to have that I can say that also user B can edit and see this lead.

What would be the payment alternative?

Thank you

I don’t have time for a long explanation now, but the answer is what I linked above - security groups. You set up a group with your users in it, develop the Role so that it has read/write access to the Leads module, and then assign that security group only to the leads records you want.

With these terms you will be able to search Google and these forums for many examples, more explanaltions, etc. Good luck

1 Like