multiple entries on one form

Hi there,
I have an expenses module with the following fields (name, expdate(date), exptype(dropdown), miles(int), hoursclaimed(decimal), amountclaimed(currency), recieptin (checkbox))

What we are needing is a single form where the user can enter multiple entries at a time in a table format.
Any help on how to do this would be great.
thanks in advance
Jamie

Would this be for the CRM users?
Could you expand on what you are trying to achieve?

We want to be able to add data multiple rows on the same page. like you would a timesheet

thanks
jamie

Ok, I think I understand what you are trying to achieve. I don’t think this is possible without custom coding. In the mean while you could just import the information using a .csv this would create multiple records at once. :slight_smile:

Yeah I said to them on Tuesday that the easiest way would be to use the import facility.

How difficult would it be to custom code something like that?

it wont be very easy, just at there would be multiple records saving at once and it differentiating that and sorting out the IDs per row.

We had a similar situation.

We need to add a chain of accounts in one field in a custom module.
That cain must be editable liek any other field, but we have no idea how many entries will be there.

So, now we use a some javascript code (jQuery and angular) to load a searchable list of accounts, similar to native SuiteCRM popup. Click on a row -> add it to a json variable. Delete it, move (drag) etc, all of that we write to a JSON, and we save it in a field.
Once a record is loaded in a edit view again, we read that JSONJ from a field and draw a table, and also, searc field, click on a new account…

Maybe to complicated, but works like a charm.

The only thing that bothers me is that I have no idea how to use REST API the way that I log in current sweb user, and when I log as some other user - web user gets kick off and became that user.
So we use a workaround - custom token as auth, and from schratch written PHP/SQL in a separated REST…