Module missing in Global Search's module selection

Hello everybody,

I have added a module to my suiteCRM, called “CIT Account Number”. This module stores customer’s account numbers and the related address information.

Now I want to add this module to the selection of modules for the Global Search, thus move it from the list of Disabled Modules on the right, to the list of Enabled Modules to the left.
Each and every module is available except my “CIT Account Number” module. Thus I can not add it to the selection, so I am not able to do a Global Search on this module.

Please help, because this modul is essential for the whole setup. :frowning: Thanky you very much! :slight_smile:

Did you define it as searchable when you created the module? If not you can do it in the vardefs. There is also a file somewhere that you can use to specify which fields are available for search.

1 Like

Hi andy!

Thank you so much for your response! :cheer:
Unfortunately I can not find where to define a module as “searchable” nor do I know where to find the vardefs. :frowning:

Go to: modules/YOUR_MODULE_NAME/vardefs.php and look for ‘unified_search’=>true, If its set to false change it to true.

then go to:

custom/modules/unified_search_modules_display.php

and make sure your module is added to the list and its set to true.

Then do a quick repair and rebuild from the admin panel.

2 Likes

OK, this worked so far and I am able to add the module to the list of moduels for the global search.
I can even do a search on the module’s name now, but what I receive back is ALL entries for this certain module.

E.g. the name of an entry in this module is the account number. E.g. Account Number “7012166” <= Name
When I enter an account number in the search field now, it gives me back all entries I have made so far.

I can imagine that this is hard to find out, but does someone has any idea, how this mught be caused? Thank you! B)

Edit:
Aha! Doesn’t matter, what I do a search for. Whatever value I search for, the “Account Numbers” (Entries in Account_Number module) are ALLl shown, anytime. :ohmy:

What exactly are you trying to get back?

1 Like

If I enter an “Account Number” in the search field, I want to get back the according entry. Thus the entry with this certain Account Number as Name.

It might be confsuing that we have set up a module that stores the account numbers (customer numbers) but we had to. So the name of each entry in this module is the actual account number.
As in the accounts module for example the name is the actual customer name.

*** The weird thing now is, that whatever I am searching for, even for a value that does not exist, the results show me ALL of my account number (module) entries, every time. :unsure: ***

Does anyone have a general idea, what might cause the global search to display ALL of one module’s entries; no matter what I enter in the search field?

E.g. I enter a value of “Z/(%DF” in thesearch field, the search result shows nothing, but ALL entries of one certain module. :pinch:
Of course, this value does not exist anywhere. :dry:

After a recent serach, I had now a look at the log file and saw, that the SQL based on the mentioned modle was different than all the others.
Can this behaviour be influenced somewhere somehow? :blink:

I still have this problem. Can noone imagine how it is being caused?

When I do a global search, it gives me all the results from all modules, how I would expect it, but(!) it also returns ALL entries from one certain module.

E.g. I enter the customer’s name in the global search field; “Someone”. It shows me the Account from the Account module, “Someone Company”. It also shows me all contact persons from the Contact module, who work at “Someone Company”. It shows me all the Information from all moduels, that are related to the Account “Someone Company”, just as I would expect it. :slight_smile:

But(!) from one certain module, it shows me ALL entries, whereas only one or two are related to “Someone Company”. :frowning:

I already rebuilt, repaired, resetted and restarted everything; unfortunately without success. Any idea someone? :slight_smile:

I read this post carefully.
There is indeed a problem with the subject. When searching, the keywords are not searched, but all the items in the module are displayed.

This method has failed.