Missing Pages and now missing labels.

I have recently installed SuiteCRM, but then noticed that some pages / modules appeared to be missing. I would for example go to edit an employee and get the message;

Andy Davidson»Edit Create
File does not exist on system: cache/modules/Employees/EditView.tpl

So I thought I should try and run the Repair option in Admin but what that appears to have done is lost all the labels, so that my admin screens now looks like this;

Module Name
LBL_USERS_TITLE
LBL_USERS_DESC
LBL_MANAGE_USERS_TITLE LBL_MANAGE_USERS_TITLE LBL_MANAGE_USERS LBL_MANAGE_ROLES_TITLE LBL_MANAGE_ROLES_TITLE LBL_MANAGE_ROLES
LBL_MANAGE_PASSWORD_TITLE LBL_MANAGE_PASSWORD_TITLE LBL_MANAGE_PASSWORD LBL_MANAGE_SECURITYGROUPS_TITLE LBL_MANAGE_SECURITYGROUPS_TITLE LBL_MANAGE_SECURITYGROUPS
LBL_CONFIG_SECURITYGROUPS_TITLE LBL_CONFIG_SECURITYGROUPS_TITLE LBL_CONFIG_SECURITYGROUPS
LBL_ADMINISTRATION_HOME_TITLE
LBL_ADMINISTRATION_HOME_DESC
LBL_CONFIGURE_SETTINGS_TITLE LBL_CONFIGURE_SETTINGS_TITLE LBL_CONFIGURE_SETTINGS LBL_IMPORT_WIZARD LBL_IMPORT_WIZARD LBL_IMPORT_WIZARD_DESC
LBL_MANAGE_LOCALE LBL_MANAGE_LOCALE LBL_LOCALE LBL_UPGRADE_WIZARD_TITLE LBL_UPGRADE_WIZARD_TITLE LBL_UPGRADE_WIZARD
LBL_MANAGE_CURRENCIES LBL_MANAGE_CURRENCIES Currency: LBL_BACKUPS_TITLE LBL_BACKUPS_TITLE LBL_BACKUPS
LBL_MANAGE_LANGUAGES LBL_MANAGE_LANGUAGES LBL_LANGUAGES LBL_UPGRADE_TITLE LBL_UPGRADE_TITLE LBL_UPGRADE
LBL_GLOBAL_SEARCH_SETTINGS LBL_GLOBAL_SEARCH_SETTINGS LBL_GLOBAL_SEARCH_SETTINGS_DESC LBL_DIAGNOSTIC_TITLE LBL_DIAGNOSTIC_TITLE LBL_DIAGNOSTIC_DESC
LBL_CONNECTOR_SETTINGS LBL_CONNECTOR_SETTINGS LBL_CONNECTOR_SETTINGS_DESC LBL_THEME_SETTINGS LBL_THEME_SETTINGS LBL_THEME_SETTINGS_DESC
LBL_SUGAR_SCHEDULER_TITLE LBL_SUGAR_SCHEDULER_TITLE LBL_SUGAR_SCHEDULER LBL_SUGARFEED_SETTINGS LBL_SUGARFEED_SETTINGS LBL_SUGARFEED_SETTINGS_DESC
LBL_OAUTH_TITLE LBL_OAUTH_TITLE LBL_OAUTH

Can someone please tell me how to restore/repair this application?

Hi,

It looks to me like a permissions issue.

If your instance is on a Linux OS, I’d recommend running the commands on your instance:

sudo chown -R : .
sudo chmod -R 755 .
sudo chmod -R 775 cache custom modules themes data upload config_override.php

(Replace and with your Apache user’s name and group)

If it is running on Windows / IIS, you will likely need to enable the Security Tab. You can do so with the following steps:

Open Windows File Explorer
Click on Tools > Folder Options
Click on the View Tab and scroll to the bottom
Uncheck “Use simple file sharing (Recommended)”

Then, to set permissions on your instance:

[i] In Windows Explorer, right click and view the properties of your SuiteCRM installation directory. For example, “C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\suitecrm”
Click on the newly enabled Security tab.

Add full control for the user under which IIS runs. This is typically IUSR_[computerName] where [computerName] is the name of your computer.

Be sure to click the Advanced button and apply this new permission to all sub-directories by clicking "Replace permission entries on all child objects with entries shown here that apply to child objects".[/i]

After doing either of these, try another Repair and Rebuild in the CRM, then Log out and In.
Then, clear your browser cache

Does this resolve any issues?

Thanks. This fixed the issue for us from 7.7.6 to 7.7.9 on Linux.