Missing navigation menus

I installed SuiteCRM 8.0.0 on Ubuntu 21.10. I see the SuiteCRM Dashboard and Actions buttons along with several Dashlets. I can configure the Dashlets but I do not see any other navigation menus. I did see a button to configure my email settings. After finishing the email settings, I was presented with the Administration screen that contains many options. When I selected an option, the screen went blank. I could go back and then reload the screen. I cannot access any options or menus. I would greatly appreciate any help! I thank you in advance! -Randy-

Hi @rfkskk,

Welcome to the community! :wave: And thank you for trying out SuiteCRM .

From what I understood you don’t see the top navigation bar, is that correct?

Are you accessing legacy directly? meaning, something like https://<your-host>/public/legacy or https://<your-host>/legacy?

Yes, I start SuiteCRM using: 127.0.0.1/public/legacy/index.php. I am relatively new to Linux and am not a full time programmer but I do have some basic programing skills. I greatly appreciate your help

Hi @rfkskk,

Thank you for the feedback. What to you get when you try to access 127.0.0.1/public/?

I get a blank screen. The correct address is: 127.0.0.1/suitecrm8/public. Here is a screenshot of the public/legacy directory:

Here is the public directory:

Again, I am very appreciative of your help.

Hi @rfkskk,

Sorry for the delay in replying and thanks for the feedback.

Could you check if mod_rewrite is enabled? We’ve seen several users having this problem and the root cause is usually due to re-wites.

The following section of the SuiteCRM 8 install guide, may help:

SuiteCRM 8 Install guide - 1.3 Configuring URL re-writes

I had this issue every time i install suitecrm 8 on Ubuntu 20.04

Tried everything and the only way worked with me is to install through cli

This time only it worked well and the navigation menus appeared normally.

I’ve just had this problem testing upgrading from 7.13 to 8.3 with a preexisting CRM system
Top Menu is missing, Global Links are missing, but can still navigate around if URLS are handmade

i have the same issue upgrading 7.41.1 to 8.4.1
top bar menu has logo of house but no dropdown and the plus next to search bar opens an empty dropdown

it was my old install that was causing this, i installed a fresh copy and then manually copied files over until i found the culprit