Missing documentation for AOD

Hi,

I have been looking for the instructions on how to run the AOD feature but I can’t find anything anywhere.

Do I have to install lucene in my host server?

I am getting these permission errors but I can’t find any information about how to solve this issue.

Please can you guide me through the requirements to run the feature?

Thanks!

There isn’t any extra steps to take (other than to ensure that your scheduler is running and that there is the Indexing scheduler set to run in admin).

AOD comes bundled with the Zend Lucene implementation so it comes as part of SuiteCRM.

What permission errors are you getting exactly? Is the permissions of SuiteCRM set correctly?

Thanks,
Jim

Hi, thanks for your quick response, here’s the error message:

2014/06/12 06:19:39 [error] 9248#0: *4002 FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: PHP Warning:  mkdir(): Permission denied in /home/podsystem-sugarcrm/public_html/modules/AOD_Index/Lib/Zend/Search/Lucene/Storage/Directory/Filesystem.php on line 102" while reading response header from upstream, client: 83.57.213.37, server: www.sugarcrm.podsystem.com, request: "GET /index.php?action=UnifiedSearch&module=Home&search_form=false&advanced=false&query_string=Roadgas HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/var/run/php5-fpm.sock:", host: "www.sugarcrm.podsystem.com", referrer: "http://www.sugarcrm.podsystem.com/index.php?module=Accounts&action=index"

Can you check the permissions of your SuiteCRM folder in general and

/home/podsystem-sugarcrm/public_html/modules/AOD_Index/

in particular? Make sure that the owner and group of the folders is ‘www-data’ (or ‘apache’ on some systems).

Thanks,
Jim

Brilliant! all working now!

Thank you very much.

I suppose the next question is do I have to install Apache SOlr to get the text in the documents indexed, or is it a planned update with this functionality coming soon?

Thanks!

Glad to help!

AOD will index text in documents as is, no extra work needed (although not every document type is supported currently). There isn’t any integration with Solr but this may be something we consider in the future.

Thanks,
Jim