Maintaining 7.7.5 version


i’m using suitecrm 7.7.5 , and i’m facing a problem with link in report when i use group by, i saw a fix in release notes in suitecrm 7.7.8 i tried to use it but i get a report not properly designed ( see the screen shot )

i can’t upgrade to 7.7.8 now that’s why i’m trying to put the file changed to fix the bug, in my suite crm installed,

i tried to replace the folder /modules/AOR_Reports by the one in suitecrm 7.7.8 but the result is always the same as shown in the screenshot

what are the other folder that i should replace?

First of all, if you are playing with your source code files in this way, I highly recommend that, before doing anything, you take a full back up of both your folders and files as well as you full database.

Having said this, have you
. run a Quick Repair and Rebuild (when you do it, make sure that you also execute all suggested commands if required: they normally show up at the bottom of the result page);
. then cleared the browser cache?

i’m working on a local installation, it is safer
i did a quick and repair then i cleared the cache but the report still showing like in the screenshot

You should try to find the PR (pull request) in Github that matches that fix, and see the “Files changed” tab to see what was changed. That’s what you have to apply to your system. If it’s a simple bug fix normally you only have to edit a few lines in one or two files.

i tried to put only the line changed (like in GitHub) and it was the first time i got the result (as in the screen shot)
that’s why i thought to put all the folder AOR_Reports

in the console of the browser i found this message

[RGRAPH] Warning: you have a negative bar width. This may be caused by the chart.hmargin being too high or the width of the canvas not being sufficient.

I don’t see any screenshot, did you forget to attach it?

Maybe you could also give us a link to the PR on Github, I have no idea what it is…

yes here it is

I think you should revert that change when you copied the entire module from a different version, that leaves you with an inconsistent installation. Anything wrong that happens after that is not even worth investigating.

Then apply only the changes from the PR’s to see if it works. Make sur eyou apply all the changes, and each of them correctly.

Notice that the PR you linked is only the solution for the “links not working” bug, the other bug is “group by checkboxes” and the fix is

and maybe there are more commits involved, you have to read all those Github issues carefully.

1 Like

here is the screenshot

looking in the “inspect element” i noticed that in the script new RGraph.Bar({
the data is equal to [1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1],
labels also has values like this labels: ["","","","","","","","","","","","","","","","","","
also tooltips tooltips:[": 1",": 1",": 1",": 1",": 1",": 1",": 1",": 1","
and for labels ans tooltips the values are not grouped, for example i found in label the same value repeated many times