Kreport error

installed kreport 3.0.6 but having problem in creating reports, getting following error

“Forbidden, You don’t have permission to access //index.php on this server”

Checked permission and changed permission as described in page

http://support.sugarcrm.com/04_Find_Answers/02KB/02Administration/100Install/Required_File_System_Permissions_on_Linux/

still same error.
my suitecrm Version is 7.1.3 and Sugar Version 6.5.17 (Build 1220)

Anyone having same problem?

Hi there,

What is your server setup? Permissions are normally set as follows:

sudo chown -R owner:group .

sudo chmod -R 755 .

sudo chmod -R 775 cache custom modules themes data upload config_override.php

Where ‘owner’ and ‘group’ are the owner/group user(s) of your server.

You will also need to ensure the correct permissions are set within your config.php file.

Kind Regards,

Will.

1 Like

thanks will

i am using cPanel and set the permission to all files and folders to 777 for cache custom modules themes data upload config_override.php
what do you mean by correct permissions are set within your config.php file? do i have to add something in config.php?

Open config.php and look for the porthion of code:

'default_permissions' => 
  array (
    'dir_mode' => 1533, // this is the decimal value for 2755
    'file_mode' => 493, // this is the decimal value for 755
    'user' => 'yourserveruser',
    'group' => 'yourservergroup',
  ),

The above is my configuration which works fine where yourserveruser has to be changed to your actual user and yourservergroup has to be changed to your actual group (for SuiteCRM purposes)

The following is more conservative (more secure) configuration found in the forums:

'default_permissions' =>
array (
'dir_mode' => 1517, // 2755
'file_mode' => 420, // 644
'user' => '',
'group' => '',
),

again you have to enter the correct values for user and group.

I also recommend that you open the file utils.php and find a similar definition for default_permissions and put the same portion of code you put in config.php (by the way in utils.php user has been entered as “chown”, and you should modify it as ‘user’. Similarly ‘group’ is shown as chgrp’ and you should update it to ‘group’.

Beware because there are two mentions of defaulf_permissions in utils.php so you should correct both.

1 Like