joolma Portal cannot connect to Sugar

I have installed the component, and have entered the correct credentials, but when i try to navigate to the portal page on joomla frontend i get ‘0 - Failed to connect to sugar. Please check your settings.’ error.

Something strange that keeps happening when i enter my password in joomla AOP config. After hitting ‘save settings’ it looks like the system adds a extra characters to my password before saving. Could this be the cause of the error??

Heres a screenshot http://prntscr.com/c4hcql

Is there a way to add the correct password via phpmyadmin, or another solution?

Regards
Ash

check your apache error logs, some people host the joomla in other server than the suitecrm and you need things like PHP cURL for joomla too

best regards

I checked the error logs, indicated something to do with ioncube Loader. . Made sure cURL and Ioncube werE both enabled but still having the same issue.

Can i change the AOP Portal configs from within database?

regards

I don’t know, but have you entered admin credentials in the joomla portal?

best regards

Yes i have entered all details in the joomla config, but as explained after hitting ‘save settings’ it looks like the system adds a extra characters to my password before saving. Could this be the cause of the error??

that thins that happens after hitting the save settings is nothing, don’t worry about it. Can you post here your logs? suitecrm and joomla apache logs

best regards