Issue with workflow assign record to other user

I setup a workflow:
User create new record -> Assigned this record to admin
But problem is:
When the record has been assigned to admin, user (created user) will lose permission with this record, and redirect to page “You do not have permission access…”. Have any solution to give user a popup or message “record has been created succesfull” and redirect to other page (not page “no permission”).

I’ve seen this compliant before… you are right this doesn’t look good, but actually SuiteCRM is doing what it should… the user loses access to the record because the access is set to “Owner” and you change the owner.

You need to change your security scheme so that the user has some Role allowing him to see the record, without owning it. you could set the Role to give “Group” access, not “Owner”, and if needed add a Security Group to the record before changing the owner.

There might be some variations to this, according to your preference/requirement. Which of these would you say applies best to your case?:

A. you want the response screen to be normal looking (not an error) but you actually PREFER that the user should not be able to access the record later

B. you want the response screen to be normal looking (not an error) but you actually strictly REQUIRE that the user should not be able to access the record later

C. you don’t really have a problem with the user accessing the record at any time

Hi pgr,

I think A or B also ok, because restrict error screen is not friendly. Normal users can not understand message given. And in my case, user continue to create record again. In other same cases, we need alert their action successfull and redirect.

If you can live with A, then definitely try a configuration like I suggested above