Issue changing language with SAML login (no login screen)

Hi All, appreciate any help.

I am running SuiteCRM 7.11.18 and recently set-up SAML authentication to use a third-party SSO rather than SuiteCRM user management. Everything running smoothly until I realized that - as users no longer have access to SuiteCRM login screen - they can no longer change their language at login.

I have looked around everywhere but it seems that only option to set language is at login, and that’s it. Living in Switzerland, we have users who prefer to interact with the CRM in German, Italian, French and also English, so it is important to be able to change the language.

There are several potential solutions: exposing an option in the preferences to change the language after login, setting default languages per user, etc. I don’t really mind which solution I use, but if anyone can point me to one that allows me to change language on a per user basis while keeping the third-party SSO, then that would be really great.

Thanks and regards,

• baptiste

I am running into the same issue with our SuiteCRM 8 installation. I think there is still no solution available (I found nothing) or did you somehow solve the issue?

Based on this thread Einstellungen-Sprachen SuiteCRM 8.0 - #2 by BastianHammer the language setting is stored within a cookie, so updating the cookie should change the language…

Thanks, didn’t know about the cookie. And no: I haven’t found a solution yet and this is probably the biggest pain point we have regarding user adoption. It’s baffling to me that the language is only available at login screen (which is circumvented in case of SAML auth). Any help would be greatly appreciated

Is there an Issue already open for this on Github?

I created one Issue changing language with SAML login (no login screen) · Issue #9961 · salesagility/SuiteCRM · GitHub

1 Like

thanks - i should have done this since the beginning - didn’t realize filing a bug on github was the way to proceed - i hope this gets resolved

@FLBE @baptiste
PM me

Hi All, not much is moving and this is really a shame as it is the number one item hindering greater adoption in my situation. I am conscious that this is a community of volunteers and ask with greatest respect if there is some way this can be bumped up in priority. It seems like such a low hanging fruit

Addendum: some manual work-around would be fine, e.g. users having to enter a static link such as:
https://crm.exampleinetaddress.com/index.php?login_language=it_IT
in order to provide the login_language variable after a user is logged in (or something similar). Could only work if SuiteCRM can remember that the user is logged in but initialize the right language pack again (as it does on normal non-SAML logins)