Installing SuiteCRM 7.7.7 on Ubuntu 16, php help! Enviroment hates me

Hello All,

I am installing SuiteCRM to aid in my California Real Estate Business, I’m doing a local install on my laptop for now until i can get a server running, i cant seem to get it right.

im at the /localhost/suiteCRM/install.php page and it says the following

<>
Database unavailable

Database Support was not found. Please make sure you have the necessary drivers for one of the following supported Database Types: MySQL or MS SQLServer. You might need to uncomment the extension in the php.ini file, or recompile with the right binary file, depending on your version of PHP. Please refer to your PHP Manual for more information on how to enable Database Support.

XML Parsing

Functions associated with XML Parser Libraries that are needed by the SuiteCRM application were not found. You might need to uncomment the extension in the php.ini file, or recompile with the right binary file, depending on your version of PHP. Please refer to your PHP Manual for more information.

MB Strings Module

Functions associated with the Multibyte Strings PHP extension (mbstring) that are needed by the SuiteCRM application were not found.

Generally, the mbstring module is not enabled by default in PHP and must be activated with --enable-mbstring when the PHP binary is built. Please refer to your PHP Manual for more information on how to enable mbstring support.

Writeable Custom Directory

The Custom Directory exists but is not writeable. You may have to change permissions on it (chmod 766) or right click on it and uncheck the read only option, depending on your Operating System. Please take the needed steps to make the file writeable.

Writable Cache Sub-Directories

The files or directories listed below are not writeable or are missing and cannot be created. Depending on your Operating System, correcting this may require you to change permissions on the files or parent directory (chmod 755), or to right click on the parent directory and uncheck the ‘read only’ option and apply it to all subfolders.

Please fix the following files or directories before proceeding:
/var/www/html/SuiteCRM/cache/
/var/www/html/SuiteCRM/cache/images
/var/www/html/SuiteCRM/cache/layout
/var/www/html/SuiteCRM/cache/pdf
/var/www/html/SuiteCRM/cache/xml
/var/www/html/SuiteCRM/cache/include/javascript

Writable Modules Sub-Directories and Files

Warning: Not Writable

Please fix the following module directories and the files under them before proceeding:
/modules
Writable Upload Directory

Warning: Not Writable

ZIP Handling Module

ZIP support not found: SuiteCRM needs ZIP support in order to process compressed files.

Location of your PHP configuration file (php.ini):
/etc/php/7.0/apache2/php.ini

<>

Please help, im too broke to pay for a hosted CRM at the moment and i would love to have SuiteCRM as my primary IT infrastructure in teh future

thanks everyone, hope all is well

you need to install LAMP in your Ubuntu 16, then for the others errors are as follows

[quote]sudo apt-get install php-gd
sudo apt-get install php-curl
sudo apt-get install php-imap
phpenmod imap
sudo apt-get install php-xml
sudo apt-get install php-mbstrings
phpenmod mbstrings
sudo apt-get install php-zip
service apache2 restart[/quote]

and for permissions

[quote]Set the following permissions on the SuiteCRM directory(Linux):
sudo chown -R www-data:www-data .
sudo chmod -R 755 .
sudo chmod -R 775 cache custom modules themes data upload config_override.php[/quote]

and follow this guide too, it says for upgrade but you’ll need it for the install process too

these guide are located in https://suitecrm.com/wiki/index.php/Installation

best regards

I recently did such exactly that installation on Ubuntu 16.04 and this is what my notes say:

On the Ubuntu server initial install screens (“Software selection”), select: LAMP, Samba, SSH
(your install doesn’t seem to have MySQL, which is part of that “LAMP” thing)

Required PHP modules (much like what Mike gives above, but all in one command, and tested in Ubuntu 16.04):
sudo apt install php-mbstring php7.0-mbstring php-gettext php-xml-parser php7.0-zip php7.0-imap php7.0-gd php7.0-curl phpmyadmin

My optional packages, not really needed:
sudo apt install zip unzip iotop htop php-xdebug

I hope this helps.

Thanks for the replys! going to be able to try this out next week, hope your holidays are going well! and again, thanks my wall pounded head thanks you

thanks it helped me with this problems also

Linux Mint 18.1
installed locally
PHP Version 7.0.13-0ubuntu0.16.04.1
Apache/2.4.18 (Ubuntu)
mysql Ver 14.14 Distrib 5.7.17, for Linux (x86_64)