Installation

Hi,

I am a virgin to suitecrm. I am eager to try this out, but… Fr. the life of me I use cannot install this.

I have a depicted Windows machine on which I would like to self host. I have been struggling for the past 6 hours just to install it with no luck.

How do I install this? I have read the wiki page at https://suitecrm.com/wiki/index.php/Installation but did not help.

Is it really that complicated to install? Please can someone assist me with this install. Is there a “install suitecrm for dummies”?

I really need a step by step guide.

Thanks

Alcaselsa

Can you detail what you’ve done so far and where you’re getting stuck?

Screen shots will help.

Thanks,

Will.

Hi Will,

Thanks for getting back to me.

Ok so what I managed to do was set up a Windows 7 machine. Then I installed xampp so that I could use this machine as a web server. I managed to copy the folder over to the root and began the install. It then said creating relationships and stayed like that for about 5 hours. Then stopped.

I tried to access via localhost:10000/SuiteCrm but nothing…

Is there a database for suitecrm in phpmyadmin in your xampp install? Does it have all of the SuiteCRM tables From accounts all the way to users or does it only have some tables?

Have you checked the suitecrm.log to see if there were any errors on install?

Thanks,

Will.

Ok… like I said I am a complete noob :-o

I attach screen shot of myphpadmin directory. I do not see a Suitecrm database…

Please let me know where I can find the .log file… :huh:

Thanks

Dom

Hmm…that’s not the SuiteCRM database.

You should be able to log into phpmyadmin in your browser, by navigating to something like: localhost/phpmyadmin.

You should then be able to login with your username and password.

You can find the log file in the SuiteCRM directory in xampp htdocs, it is called suitecrm.log

Thanks,

Will.

1 Like

Hi Will,

Ok… I think I found the log file. I have attached it.

I can access phpmyadmin.

What do I do next?

Thanks

Dom

Hi,

There is no suitecrm data base in phpmyadmin

Thanks

The log error(s) is stating your login is correct for your database.

You need to specify the correct server, username and password for the database for the CRM application to be able to connect and create a database for installation.

Thanks,

Will.

Hi Will,

I assume I am being really stupid here. But how do I do that? Surely is cant be this complicated to install this.

Is there not a step by step installation guide for dummies?

I am going to install a NAS server this week. Would I be able to install this on the NAS?

I appreciate your help.

Thanks

Dom

It’s not complicated.

You should have a web server already set up with a database engine(MySQL or similar).

When you install you need to specify your host where the database is hosted (this is either an IP or domain), the username for the database user and the password for that user.

Once filled in, you should proceed with the installation and everything else is automated and once the install finishes you will be presented with a login screen.

The errors you are receiving is because you’re not providing correct values for the host/username/password.

Thanks,

Will.