Increase the number of favs? ⭐

Pretty much as the topic header says…

Is there a way to increase the number of favorite leads to a higher number than the default 5 leads?

Thanks in advance.

I remember this has been asked before

https://community.suitecrm.com/search?expanded=true&q=increase%20the%20number%20of%20favorites

1 Like

Thanks a bunch @pgr :facepunch:

I will check this out and see if it still works.

Kind regards

Check out

1 Like

For anyone looking for the solution:
Open themes/SuiteP/tpls/_headerModuleList.tpl file, on or around line 832 is the number of Favorites and Recently Viewed that are shown.

To increase the Recently Viewed from 5 to 12:
{if $smarty.foreach.lastViewed.index < 12}

To increase the Favorites from 5 to 12:
{if $smarty.foreach.lastViewed.index < 12}

To make these modifications upgrade-safe, save the changed file to:
custom/themes/SuiteP/tpls/_headerModuleList.tpl

1 Like

Thanks guys! :facepunch:
I’ll check out your suggestions too. :smiley:

Thank you so much!

Kind regards

Finally had some time to sit down and do this.

It works flawlessly - thank you so much guys for the help. :facepunch:

It would be nice if this could be built into the core with an admin option to set the amount of list views of recently viewed leads and the number of favs that should be displayed in the system.

Just my 5 cents. :thinking:

Kind regars

Add your suggestion here:

1 Like

Well it does make sense and adds value for everyone, right? :smirk:

Ask yourself - where is the favorites list in v8?

If there are going to be any new options, it will be for v8, not v7.

And I don’t think the feature even exists in v8.

So, if it is not available in v8.

There is no use for putting it in suggestion box :rofl: :rofl:

I checked on the demo instace :robot:

DEMO LINK :desktop_computer:

We don’t have favorites and last viewed options.

Oh really? Wow…
That’s a shame because its really useful. I use it all the time. I cannot be the only one here using the favs, can I? :blush:

1 Like

You’re correct but we cannot do anything about it now. :melting_face:

It’s worth doing a simple code change to have favorites and recents default to the normal values out of the box, and if the config_override.php contains updated values, then use those instead. Easier having regular users edit config_override.php than modify the code files.

Are you suggesting this or we could do it in v8 now?
If yes, could you please share how to do it?

There’s plenty of code in v8 providing the Recently Viewed and Favorites services. What’s making it not show up?
https://github.com/search?q=repo%3Asalesagility%2FSuiteCRM-Core+recently+viewed&type=code

I know from taking to the devs that there are plans to have that included, I guess it’s just not finished yet.

That’s sounds good! So, maybe we will have that back in the v8.6.

I been thinking if there is a way to save these custom changes so you won’t have to reapply them again at each update?

Not only for this favs customization above but for the editor too, ( *modules/Emails/include/ComposeView/EmailsComposeView.js")?

In the past I used to edit the height of the TinyMCE editor too, because the window become quite small when you enable the plugins and menu in TinyMCE.

But it became too cumbersome to reapply and edit it each time, so I tossed in the towel.

BUT… if you could save these custom changes so they are not deleted at each update then it would be a whole completely different ball game and worth it. :+1:

Thanks!

For EmailsComposeView.js, sorry, no upgrade-safe customizations possible.

For the rest, please specify exactly which files you changed and how.