Inbound Email Settings Error

I get the message Error occurred while fetching metadata for Inbound Email Settings

Outbound is setup and tested.

This error message suggests that there is an issue with the Inbound Email Settings in SuiteCRM. Here are a few troubleshooting steps you can try to resolve the issue:

1. Check your email settings: Ensure that you have entered the correct email settings, including the correct email address, email server, port number, and encryption method.
  2. Check your permissions: Ensure that your user account has the necessary permissions to access and modify the Inbound Email Settings module. You can check this by going to the Admin section of SuiteCRM and verifying your user account’s permissions.
  3. Check your email account: Ensure that your email account is properly configured and that you can access it through your email client. This will help you determine whether the issue is with your email account or with SuiteCRM.
  4. Clear your cache: Clear your browser cache and refresh the page to see if the error message goes away.
  5. Check your logs: Check the SuiteCRM logs for any errors or warnings related to the Inbound Email Settings module. This will help you identify the root cause of the issue.

I setup my email and successfully sent a test email, so email settings are correct.
I’m using the admin account, so permissions is not an issue.

Where can I check email logs?

Solution: IMAP INBOUND EMAIL error - ver 8.2.2 · Issue #186 · salesagility/SuiteCRM-Core · GitHub

1 Like

Hi @itcontrol,
in SuiteCRM, the logs are stored in the “suitecrm.log” file. This file is located in the “logs” directory in the SuiteCRM root directory.

To view the SuiteCRM logs, you can use a text editor or a log viewer tool. You can search for errors related to inbound email settings in the “suitecrm.log” file by searching for the keyword “inbound” or “email”.

You can also enable debug logging in SuiteCRM to get more detailed information about the errors. To enable debug logging, go to the “Admin” panel in SuiteCRM, then click on “System Settings”. Under the “Logging” section, set the “LogLevel” to “Debug”.

After enabling debug logging, reproduce the error and then check the “suitecrm.log” file for any errors related to inbound email settings. The debug logging will provide more detailed information about the error, which can help you troubleshoot the issue more effectively.

This solution worked for me thank you! You need to remove the extra spaces in the beginning of the file before <?php located in the editviewdefs.php file. The path to the file is: public/legacy/modules/InboundEmail/metadata)/editviewdefs.php