INBOUND EMAIL error -fresh install latest Suitecrm8

SuiteCRM latest, fresh install:

ERROR setting INBOUND email (Error fetching metadata)

request.CRITICAL: Uncaught PHP Exception RuntimeException: “Failed to start the session because headers have already been sent by “/var/www/html/public/legacy/modules/InboundEmail/metadata/editviewdefs.php” at line 1.” at /var/www/html/vendor/symfony/http-foundation/Session/Storage/NativeSessionStorage.php line 152 {“exception”:"[object] (RuntimeException(code: 0): Failed to start the session because headers have already been sent by “/var/www/html/public/legacy/modules/InboundEmail/metadata/editviewdefs.php” at line 1. at /var/www/html/vendor/symfony/http-foundation/Session/Storage/NativeSessionStorage.php:152)"} []

Hi, welcome to the Community :tada:

Maybe you just need to turn off display_errors in your php.ini

At least there’s an old thread here on the forums that says that about a similar problem.

Display_errors is turned off.
The problem persist
Error occurred while fetching metadata…

Have a look at this post to learn about more information you can provide, it will facilitate getting helpful answers:

I am pretty sure it is a bug, I have done fresh install 8.2.1 same LAMP (php v8.0 maria db 10.5.18) and I can access:
#/inbound-email/index
in 8.2.2 I cannot because of error.

Also notice in “email settings” for users is not visible in “modal window” the tab [Mail Account] . Probably something goes wrong in the 8.2.2 update ver…

Maybe you can report this here:

tnks ! I have done!
I will appreciate if you have or someone have dockerfile of php / apache best to test!
Thank you in advance

I don’t have it, no.

Hello
Same error on 8.2.3
Did you find a solution?

No solution yet!

but BITNAMI Docker 8.2.3 seems not have the problem

1 Like

Hi,
I had the same problem in suitecrm verson 8.2.4 with Inbound Email after upgrade from 8.2.3 and I fixed the error.
In your /var/www/html/public/legacy/modules/InboundEmail/metadata/editviewdefs.php” at line 1
there are spaces before the opening PHP tag. This results the output and no session can’t be started afterwards. This is normal PHP behavior. If you remove the spaces “at line 1” it will work again.
editviewdefs.php after:

<?php
1 Like

@smokenik where is the issue you opened?

@peja can you please post this information there for the devs?

yes when we get the opened issue from @smokenik I will post the information there for the devs. br.

Thank you!
It works.

1 Like

The github issue is this one

I already added a comment there with the fix.

2 Likes

Thanks @pgr this was my issue with inbound email in Ver. 8. Now I can test my group email changes in 8 thanks!!! (I wish the group email fix was this simple LOL).

2 Likes