Importing and bulk operation on contacts

Hi,

I just finished installing v 7.8.2 on OS X Sierra, with homebrew apache and php56 and mysql. I’m trying to import contacts form a CSV file made with excel and every time I get:

WARNING: [2] require_once(/Users/os/Sites/SuiteCRM/modules/AOD_Index/Lib/Zend/Search/Lucene/Storage/File/Filesystem.php): failed to open stream: Too many open files on line 349 in file /Users/os/Sites/SuiteCRM/modules/AOD_Index/Lib/Zend/Search/Lucene/Storage/Directory/Filesystem.php.

It imports some contacts and then the warning, and when I try to delete the contacts imported, again the waring appears…

I already tried removing the index from /modules/AOD_Index/Index. If I don’t remove it, the waring comes before importing any contact at all.

What can I do to solve it.

Maybe try and stop your cron jobs during the import and see how that goes. The AOD Index that is giving you the error is launched from a Sheduler job.

Of course, then your added records won’t be on the Index unless you do a full reindex (delete the Index and let it rebuild completely).

1 Like

Thank you for your reply, I didn’t find the job running creating the AOD Index, neither in crontab nor launchd. Any other ideas.

On crontab you would find the cron.php file running. Then that would launch the AOD job which you can manage from within SuiteCRM (Admin --> Schedulers).

There is more than one crontab, one for each user. To list contents you could use

sudo crontab -l -u www-data
(or whatever username your web server is using)

and
sudo crontab -l -u root
(but if you find cron.php there, your configuration needs fixing)