Imported Contacts and Accounts Do NOT Appear In Search Results

It shows the correct user.

What are the correct permissions?

At this point, this is getting so long, that I am seriously considering deleting everything and start again from scratch… but would I find the same problem? Otherwise, I will go for SugarCRM or other CRM. The search engine is such a basic need! I do not understand how can it get so complicated!

I normally install SuiteCRM on Ubuntu in about 15 minutes, including download times, and it simply works.

What makes it complicated are the shared hosting operators, their limitations, the ignorance of basic Linux admin skills, etc.

If you restart, make sure you follow the installation guide where it says to fix permissions before installation:

sudo chown -R user1596:user1596 .
    sudo chmod -R 755 .
    sudo chmod -R 775 cache custom modules themes data upload config_override.php

I adapted it to your case. Note that some of those commands end with a space followed by a dot " ."

If your hosting doesn’t let you do those commands, or anything equivalent to them, ask them to do it themselves, or find another hosting.

Anyway I must add: although I advise dozens of installation problems every month, yours is looking quite peculiar to me. There is something else at play here… I sincerely hope a fresh install can avoid whatever pitfall you fell in to.

Some good news!

After changing the folders and all files permission to 777 (yes I know, but I am desperate… later I will come back to this…) the Optimise AOD Index scheduler appears as successfully ran during the last two hours (it configured to run once an hour).

Inside the Index folder, I can see it created all the files, being read.lock.file (0 Kbs) and _2.sti (107 Kbs) the only files who have been updated, since created.

But still, no result when I perform a search, and the database is still empty.

I am waiting for the Lucene index to tun. Is there any way to configure it so it runs more often (no as it is, once a day)?

Thanks!

Your cron jobs are running every half an hour, it would be better to leave them running every minute, like suggested in Admin / Schedulers instructions.

This only makes the Scheduler start, then it selects which jobs to run based on their properties, most of them will run much less frequently.

You can configure the schedule for individual jobs also in Admin / Schedulers.